October 28, 2018

A NOD TO HALLOWEEN


Can you believe October is soon to be over?
It seems like I write about waiting for my favorite month to arrive,
when I find myself writing about Thanksgiving in the blink of an eye.


This is the first year in ages that I did not
create a tablescape for Halloween or a whimsical
Halloween mantel. 
But, I did create one little area in our kitchen
to remind us of a favorite holiday...HALLOWEEN!


I came across this adorable little witch and just had to add
her to my collection...she is SO cute....beautifully made
and she looks friendly, doesn't she?


Oh we had such wonderful Halloween's as children....
it was just a magical fun-filled night with the entire
neighborhood aglow with lights and everyone
out trick or treating with hundreds of Jack O Lanterns!


I am making devil's food cupcakes for the darling and me...


I keep my decorations cute and whimsical for all the little ones...
never scary....


My neighbors teenage son decorated their home
for Halloween and he did an excellent job!


We always look forward to the children and their costumes....
they are always so darn adorable!


I am also making an Italian Sausage Soup
with homemade Dill Bread....perfect for our final October evening.


All the treats are ready.....
I hope it turns out to be a wonderful evening
of fun.....we love it all!


source...Pinterest

10 comments:

  1. This was a gorgeous post! You make the holiday so special! Are you having people over for a Hallowe'en get-together? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn...not this year...just the two of us.....and all the trick or treaters....Happy Halloween!

      Delete
  2. Trick or Treat!!!! Give me something good to eat......! Um, that dill bread would do just fine!!! Recipe plZ!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the recipe Janey..http://themainehouse.blogspot.com/2012/11/dilly-onion-breadby-popular-request.html

      Delete
  3. It always so festive at your house!
    Does your kitty hide when your doorbell rings? Our Koteboy, who looks very similar to Mae Mobley is such a scaredy cat. He runs and hides every. single. time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed she often runs to tbe bedroom when she sees someone approach the front door or hears the doorbell.....I like her tucked away on Halloween night....I know you love your sweet boy just like we love our Mae! Happy Halloween!!

      Delete
  4. Betsy, I like you bit of Halloween décor. I don't like scary stuff at all. I hate when people scare little kids...it's too mean. I hope you get some sweet goblins. I miss the good old days of Halloween. Gentler. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all a gentler time wasn't it Susie....I hope you enjoy it as much as we do....have a safe and happy Halloween!

      Delete
  5. Ohhhhh, love it ALL, Betsy. But that rug is, well, the cat's meow!!! Sooooo darn cute. October is pretty special around here...my birthday, hubby's birthday, and we were married on Halloween. Yep, eloped and got hitched in New Orleans back in 1981. Scary that it's been that loooooong ago. HA!


    Thanks for this post....and all the ones you do. I enjoy them.







    Loved this post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a fan of spooky/scary halloween. But I do love seeing all the kiddies in their cute costumes.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.