November 30, 2018

CLOSING NOVEMBER WITH PRECIOUS MEMORIES



Thanksgiving Days in Texas are normally perfect...
this one was no exception...it was beautiful......

There were THANKSGIVINGS where we were separated.
There was one in particular where Miss M was just two months old
and the Darling was way up at Chanute Air Force Base in Illinois.
He was cold and lonely and had his Thanksgiving dinner at the
Rantoul Diner....alone.
I was home with Mother and Daddy and a tiny baby who never slept.....

We had marvelous Thanksgivings at home with Mother and Daddy.
We enjoyed many gatherings while living in Dothan.
We would take a long walk through the neighborhood after dinner,late in the afternoon.
I dreamed about that the other night......I was so in the moment...enjoying our
walk and feeling so happy to be with them again....
then.....their images began to fade until they simply disappeared into thin air.....

I have learned that it's all a gift...this life of ours...
I have learned never to miss an opportunity to make it special and 
create a memory...they are dear and they are sweet...
we can hold these times in our hearts and minds.....for always and forever.


The Gathering of 2018


Tis' the season of Kindness

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful indeed! I have also been home with my parents and a two-month old daughter with a husband far away in Germany. That story made me smile. How wonderful to take another walk with your parents...so very sweet. Both videos were fun. I loved the last one with the music added and all the family and scenes of Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vee....I use the blog to record memories...rather fun to look at as the years pass...hey, love your new profile picture!!!!

      Delete
  2. Dear Betsy - Such a beautiful video! So happy you enjoyed your holiday with so much of your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie...this season seemed to have passed so quickly..I hope your fall season was all you wanted it to be....warm hugs for a Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Such a neat post!!! Lovely thoughts and a nice gentle reminder to stop the madness and appreciate this life we have. Thanks for that!
    Loved the videos too!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.