December 3, 2018

THE CHRISTMAS TRANSFORMATION


I can feel the holiday coming....
the leaves have fallen and the trees are bare....I love that look.
The house was adorned outside the day after Thanksgiving.
I decided to leave the pumpkins until the very last day of November
then they will be transported to the back garden for the squirrels and bunnies.

I am slowly but surely, placing touches of Christmas room by room....
y'all come in and take a look around.......


Is this not THE MOST ADORABLE ADVENT CALENDER 
you have ever seen????
He has a little candy cane which you place in his pockets
day by day until you reach the 25th day of December....precious!!!


I have not yet adorned the formal dining room,
but I did add this new tabletop flocked tree which
is placed upon my grandparents marble plant stand.
I wrapped a strand of mercury glass pinecones around these
beautifully flocked branches and it is simply stunning.


The mantel is finished and I love it....especially in the evening
when the lights come on.....I'll have to take a picture of that!


I love changing the seasonal throws and pillows in my grandparent's
Windsor Chair...I have loved this chair since I was a little girl.
I know they would be pleased that it is well loved and taken care of.


In the kitchen, I am just putting treasures on display in every nook and cranny...
I love this Jim Shore Santa smoking a pipe as it reminds me of Daddy.


How cute are these salt and pepper shakers?
The Christmas cookbook from Williams Sonoma is
a used book find....


The coffee/hot cocoa bar is so fun.....


It's whimsical and full of seasonal cocoa's
and white chocolate peppermints.....


Don't you love the feeling of happiness little mugs can bring?


Enjoy having a cup of morning coffee in a pretty Christmas mug.....


Oh how CUTE!
My new cocoa drinking Santa....


Have you started baking your favorite Christmas cookies?


This was a little surprise for the darling....
cannot wait to put this together with him.....


And....I couldn't resist this one from the holiday collection.....


Oh honey...love, love, love this new/used cookbook...
just full of classic holiday recipes!


A GRITS BAR???
How perfect is this for a Southern Holiday Brunch?


I have had this precious little trio for years and years....
a touch of whimsy in the guest bathroom!


Mae is looking forward to decorating the tree .....


then she will pose for her annual Christmas portrait
sitting on a brand new tree skirt....

6 comments:

  1. I can tell that Miss Mae is a cat who loves the season and thinks the Christmas tree is just for her. You are well begun! Love your header as I always do... And everything looks so charming. Hope that your husband likes his new Wysocki puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Your home is very warm and welcoming...Betsy.
    .....love that pic of your softy.. Miss Mae
    And what better way to spend time with family than to do puzzles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as always... a wonderful feast of the senses! I love seeing all your treasures both new and old.
    and the lush softness of Miss Mae... it's all just so beautiful dearest bean! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photos! Charming everywhere you look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is looking beautiful! I love to see how people decorate for the holidays!

    Miss Mae is looking especially sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy, girlfriend! Your vignettes are all so beautiful and especially ‘homey’ which means everything. I imagine all of your guests always feel at home in your house!
    This is my off yr-meaning my kids go to their other families this yr. I’ll have them all for dinner on 23rd but we’ll prolly go to deer camp. So I’m not pulling all of my stuff out. Been having bad back flare ups and just haven’t felt like going all out. Making it special to me and trying to slow down just a bit this yr. We’ll see how that works out!😜

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.