November 28, 2018

A VICTORIAN CHRISTMAS TEA



Very gay they were with snow and sleigh-bells, holly- boughs and garlands,
below, and Christmas sunshine in the winter sky above.


Mother hosted a Christmas tea every season.
The dining room smelled heavenly of citrus, cinnamon and evergreens.
This year, our Christmas card provided the inspiration
for hosting a holiday tea with a Victorian theme.


I love bringing out our Christmas finest which is normally stored
in one of the china cabinets and brought out for the holiday gatherings.


Seasonal teas are served with cream, sugar and lemon slices.
The food fare is light....tea sandwiches and assorted cookies and fruit cakes.


I love using my Churchill toile teacups for this special tea....


I chose four flavors of holiday tea....
Peach Ginger, Coconut Chai, Raspberry Earl
and my all time favorite,
Gypsy Rose.


All faces shone, all voices had a cheery ring, and
everybody stepped briskly on errands of good will.
~Louisa Mae Alcott


There are few hours in life more agreeable 
than the hour dedicated to the ceremony
 known as afternoon tea.
~Henry James


7 comments:

  1. How lovely! I love going to a tea. Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely time for your guests! And it is always good for the spirit to use our treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tea...love all your finest Christmas ware...and I am dying to try Gypsy Rose...never heard of it

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks gorgeous. I have always loved 'tea-time' and agree that it is a special time for sure. I love all your pretty trees on your table and your tea-pot is pretty. I look forward to trying Gypsy rose, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful! and I love the new banner collage too. the two gentlemen bears in their suspenders especially!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you make that delicious looking fruit cake? I love fruitcake. Mom made one every year and we would always have tea with sugar and milk. A wonderful post and I must have a Christmas tea now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas tea sounds perfect to me. I love all of the special touches of the holiday!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.