November 25, 2018

THANKSGIVING GATHERING 2018 TIMES TWO


Nick and Cat were hosting Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving Day
this year and what a gorgeous gathering they prepared for us!
Catherine has done a beautiful job of using her Grandparent's heirlooms
for special occasions and her tablescape was just stunning!


We had such an enjoyable time looking at all the silver and crystal
as she explained how they were used in the parties of the past......


And of course, the best of all arrived...
grandchildren!!!!!


It was such a joyous time having the Cali kids back home
for the holiday!


We had long talks about college life and hearing
what new friends are like and how wonderful
it was to have a bonfire with all her high school besties back together again.


I will say Nick did an outstanding job on this fried turkey....
oh my gosh, it was SOOOOOO good!


Just scrumptious!


I love that Cat prepares different sides than I do...it's a delicious change...
these carrots were AMAZING....and she prepared these in her Instant Pot!


She also served these roasted Brussels sprouts with cranberries...outstanding!
We all had a marvelous time on once again, a perfect fall Thanksgiving Day
here in Texas...we had a ball!!!


Friday was a day for ME to prepare for Thanksgiving number 2!


We make sure our youngest can have a beautiful
Thanksgiving dinner, so we wait until Saturday to host
our second family feast!
We are also having Jenn's parents join us this year!


This crystal is shining and the silver is polished....
I think the dining room is ready!


Of course, the Thanksgiving gathering is all about FAMILY
and secondly, beautiful food...
I baked two pies....the PUMPKIN PIE....Libby's of course
and


My apple pie....Requested by Rob!


Papa and our youngest


My handsome Mr. Wonderful


Hot Spiced Cider


A perfect autumn day


Smokin' the turkey


Mom and daughter visit and sharing Thanksgiving....


Another perfectly fried turkey....


A champagne toast to family...


A beautiful and delicious feast...it was all so delicious!

Let's check in on Atlanta....


It was a perfect November day over in Atlanta too....
Oh how we miss this kiddo.....Luke the Duke is growing up too fast.....


Jay and Piper were in charge of the turkey fry....
and boy, did it smell good!

We are blessed, so grateful and so very thankful for family....
hugs and blessings to you and those you love!

5 comments:

  1. What beautifully decorated tables! I'm so glad you had a wonderful holiday! Enjoy your day today. Hope you're resting and enjoying yummy leftovers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful, wonderful family pictures. I love the one of you and handsome hubby- he has a beautiful lady by his side.
    It really is all about family with food coming in at second place, isn't it?
    The first Thanksgiving looks gorgeous and so does the second one.
    I have never had fried turkey but I hear it is really good! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh beautiful! Loved seeing the heirlooms used by your daughter-in-law and seeing all the family. Golly, your youngest son and his nephew Luke look a great deal alike...so cute! Beautiful tables, beautiful food, and beautiful people=beautiful memories of Thanksgiving 2018. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide which Thanksgiving meal sounds better. I think I would have to be at both! You have a beautiful family and they all look as if they had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy After Thanksgiving! Both meals look delicious! How wonderful to have two great family meals. I personally like the mashed potaoes and gravy and the pumpkin pie, the rest I can do without.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.