August 12, 2018

HATCH CHILE FEST IN TEXAS AND GEORGIA GLAMPING...THE LAST OF SUMMER FUN

BIG NEWS IN TEXAS...
we had RAIN!!!!
It is a wonderful time right now...summer is winding down...
it's back to school shopping for many,
The Cowboys pre-season has started and it's time
for our HATCH CHILE FEST!


This is an annual event around here and let me tell you...
it's a tradition....the smells of roasting Hatch Chile's draws you in.....


We put them in and on everything......


No one minded getting a little wet as this was almost a dream....
no rain all summer, but here it is...AUGUST...and beautiful cool rain.....


I am going to share with you in another post, how to throw
an easy little appetizer party..perfect for tailgating and watching the game!


I am going to share a few favorite recipes which will make
entertaining delicious, easy and fun!!!


It was the perfect time to change the scent in the hand soap dispenser....
oh, this Apple scent is divine.......I keep this in the kitchen for quick use....


And.....we treated ourselves to the newest blend from BLUE BELL...
Key Lime Mango....all stuffed into a sugar cone....
they knocked it out of the park on this flavor.....YUM-O!!!!!
Blue Bell is the BEST ice cream in the country......



Over in Atlanta, Miss M and her family packed up and went
over to Lake Lanier.....to go....GLAMPING!



I feel I taught her well....she always make a centerpiece,
even when camping!!!!



I will admit....this picture made me wince a little...
I am a nervous Nellie when it comes to lakes and little kids.....


Now, I ask you....glamping is rather appealing isn't it?
If you are willing to tent camp, then this is the style I would sure like!


You can even enjoy your morning coffee with a Keurig....yes ma'am.....
count me in......


This is a panoramic view of inside the tent.....


Total relaxation.....just close your eyes and swing away.....


I love this picture....just about perfect.....
little boys, fishing and summertime......
Luke makes friends wherever he goes....


Lake Lanier is one beautiful lake....
perfect for an afternoon kayaking adventure......



The owners even brought them down gourmet
marshmallows for their campfire Smores....
they have just thought of everything...I wanna go too!


I hope the raccoons can't get in.....


Out in California....the kiddos's took a drive
down the infamous Pacific Coast Highway....amazing isn't it?
Hope your weekend was just as fun as ours....
hugs and blessings to each and every one of you!






13 comments:

  1. Betsy, Your children are having some fun times. Oh I am with you about lakes and children. Luke is a wonderful young man. That is camping in fabulous style. :):) I would love some of that chili. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...well Susie...it's not really chili like you are thinking of...they are green Hatch Chile's that are roasted and added to foods or stuffed....maybe it's a Texas thang!!!! Hot and spicy!!! Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. I would gladly give you some of our rain, it seems as if it has been raining for weeks here. I love the glamping photos! That is my kind of camping. What a fun place to spend time with the kids.

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Elizabeth....that's about as rough as I will ever be....the rain is just a gift after so long and my oh my...my plants are thriving once again....enjoy your week love!

      Delete
  3. R U kidding me?? I haven't even read your post yet but had to come comment because I JUST finished stuffing chicken with HATCH chilis to go on the smoker!!!!!! Had them last night in pasta too. Girl......are you my sistah from another mutha????!!! We are always on the same wave length!!!!
    Now, back to read the rest of your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahahahah...again! I bought new Blue Bell ice cream yesterday for mah boyfriend...Sweet and Salty. He had it last night with fresh peaches in bourbon/brown sugar/cinnamon syrup!!
    You know I'm a sucker for little boys at the lake....so many memories!
    And oh yeah....I could camp like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good lawd Janie...that sounds DELISH! Blue Bell is the best ever and we simply had to move back to Texas from Maine for the best ice cream ever!!! Wishing you a lovely week!

      Delete
  5. We are loving our stash of Hatch!!
    Talk about GLAMPING!!! I want to do that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see you doing this Linda...y'all pretty much do this down at the ranch....this is a wonderful idea that the owner has....they loved it!

      Delete
  6. Oh, yes, our markets here are as full of Hatch as yours...
    I always just hated camping even tho my hubby and son loved it..daughter and I liked Holiday Inn much better....xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate BJ...give me a grand hotel! Warm hugs dear one!

      Delete
  7. Glamping is my style of camping! Cool tent!

    Autumn is on the way! So happy for your rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain has been glorious Deanna....cannot wait for cool autumn weather...I know you must be ready too!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.