January 21, 2018

LET'S GO ANTIQUING


The darling surprised me yesterday
by taking me to a special place
he and son#1 discovered over the holidays!
He said, "You're going to love it or hate it...I'm not sure!"
Well, honey, the minute we entered the front french doors,
I fell in love!
Let me show you just a small fraction of this antique store.......


There is a similar store I visit in Atlanta with
Miss M and I could just be a kid in a candy store with
antique malls!


I almost purchased one of these Victorian santas...
if one had been pink, I would have.


The santa's were gorgeous.....however,
I promised myself not to buy one more Christmas item.


This display was just goreous!


I loved these art blocks....made a stunning display...
I think I could make these!


Wouldn't you love to add him to your collection!


I have decided that next year,
I WILL have a Victorian tree....somewhere!


Love her....absolutely LOVE her!
So what did I come away with you ask?


This darling vintage dog....who now resides on the mantel...


And, this beautiful vintage cut crystal Lo-Ball glass
with a beautiful porcelain coaster.


This glass is for the darling.....it is simply beautiful and delicate.
I wish I had bought a pair of them...
sounds like a good reason to enjoy a second time around!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, that store looked wonderful. I, too, have sworn off any more Christmas decor unless it is irresistible. It looked like there were treasures galore at the store, and you certainly selected some good ones. Hope you go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so enjoyable....yes, we shall return!!! Hope you have a great day and week ahead!

      Delete
  2. Betsy, Love that store. You know you only bought one glass....so you could return and look that Santa over one more time. LOL. I do love that glass and incredible coaster. Makes me think of the "good" life. Your husband is very special to take you to that store, so it's nice for him to have the glass. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie...you know I thought of you when I was shopping...it reminded me of you and how much you enjoy going to Hortons! Honey, we could both do some damage here, right? Have a great week love!

      Delete
  3. Hi- I am not quite sure what happened here but yoru blog is miniaturized on my computer and I cna't mae it bigger-and it is just your blog. Wonder if any others are seeing the same thing?.....I am not buying any more Christmas stuff either. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana...so sorry you are having problems viewing. No one else has reported any issues. Thank you for stopping by and I hope the problem is resolved for you soon.

      Delete
  4. What a treasure! A husband who takes you to a new shop he’s discovered! I love that!
    I would love that shop too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Linda, it's wonderful. Most of the treasures are true antiques, so they were beautiful and interesting!Hope you have a lovely week!

      Delete
  5. I went out today in our local antique store, can't seem to stay away. I must say the antique store you shared looks like a great find. I like those antique blocks. Just wondering how would they be displayed? The cut crystal glass with coaster is so pretty.
    I love Victorian decorated trees and look forward to seeing yours this year. Happy Monday Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy! Hope you are enjoying a bit warmer weather! Have a great week!

      Delete
  6. Oh..I am so jelly! I miss antiquing with my hubby, but since my momma died a couple years back I just haven't had time since I am caring for my elderly daddy...miss those Sunday afternoon searching the many shops looking for the perfect piece of English porcelain or crystal to add to my collection...love that store, looks like the perfect place to get lost in for an afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacquie! I know how hard that is, taking care of an aging parent! Remember that you also need to take care and time out to refresh and rest. My heart goes out to you! Hope you can enjoy some leisure time with your husband soon. Have a lovely week!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.