January 22, 2018

WINTER RAIN AND BEAUTIFUL BAKING DAY


Hello Loves!
How was your weekend?
We had a beautiful Saturday, with temps all the way up to 68 degrees!
Perfect for our Saturday night grilled steaks, with baked potatoes and
Squash Casserole.....Paula's recipe!!
I loved listening to the rain and thunder roll in
while the darling was watching football
and I was binge watching a new favorite series on Amazon!
Too bad the Superbowl is another bust for us....
could care less about either team.....NO PARTY!!!!


Sooo good with all the crushed Ritz crackers on top....just the
way we Southerners like it!
Oh yes, and a half stick of butter too!


Now I am making two fabulous new recipes today,
which I will share with you in a bit!
One involves the slow cooker and one is all about chocolate!!!


Leave it to Ree, to create a gorgeous new measuring cup
which is going to make baking so much more enjoyable...
just look at this beautiful watercolor design!!

Y'all have a great day and check back soon
for some yummy food and book reviews!

13 comments:

  1. I enjoy a down pour, too. We live in a desert area so when we get one it's a treat. If it's not too cold we enjoy sitting on the front porch when it rains. Your casserole and your pretty new kitchen items are lovely. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie...this reminds me of sitting on Grandmothers big front porch...during a rainstorm would be fantastic! Have a great week love!

      Delete
  2. Love the pitcher. So pretty. And I am fascinated by that calendar. I would like to get one like that. Hope you have a good day enjoying the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The calender is from the Bull's Eye section at Target Katy...just love it....$5.00!

      Delete
  3. I'm with you. Hubby and I had grilled steaks, too, and I love me some veggie casseroles topped with Ritz. And I couldn't care less for either of the teams in the Super Bowl either. Boo! My husband is an odd duck...he doesn't even watch sports. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tobe! No sports? I have never heard of that!!! Sounds like he enjoys his grill thought!!! Thanks for visiting today and have a great week ahead!

      Delete
  4. 🏈I am shocked that you, having lived in Maine, have no interest in the Super Bowl. 😉

    The weather has certainly been all over the place for us all, but 68° sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vee..honey, if the Cowboys or the Saints aren't going to make it to the Superbowl....it's just not going to hold any interest! LOL....Are you still covered in snow? Hope it warms up soon for a beautiful spring in Maine!

      Delete
    2. Yes, covered in it, but barely. There’s a long way to go yet before spring. 🤓

      Delete
  5. don't you love Ree's colorful items for the kitchen! they just make me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Tammy....her designs just create visual happiness!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi Deanna....it is so pretty...sure beats the old Pyrex!!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.