November 1, 2017

MY BEST BUTTER POUND CAKE


To me, there is nothing more beautiful
than a seasonal cake pan from Nordic Ware.


I have had my eye on this one for a few years and for some reason,
THIS was the time to invest in this gorgeous autumn wreath cake pan!


It is a beautiful bronze with a gorgeous
autumn wreath pattern.
I chose to bake my favorite pound cake
which of course, was a recipe Mother used to bake
for the holidays.
This prize winning pound cake will grace
the dining table for both Thanksgiving and Christmas..
there is just none better!
It is so rich and moist....a family heirloom recipe!


ESTELLE'S BEST BUTTER POUND CAKE
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 sticks of butter, softened
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, room temperature
3 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 t. almond extract
1 t. salt
6 large eggs


Beat butter and cream cheese with a stand mixer until well blended.
Add the sugar and extracts, beat until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, alternating adding flours,
1/2 cup at a time, until all are used.
Spoon batter into a prepared tube pan or bundt pan/
Place cake in COLD oven.
Heat oven to 325 degrees F. 
Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
Allow to cool before inverting on serving plate.

7 comments:

  1. Betsy, That is a beautiful pan...I truly love that it was make here too. What a glorious cake. I bet your grandmother was an awesome cook. You are doing very well too. ...your grandmother would be proud. Blessings for a fabulous November, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you say buttah? I'm in. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Betsy, this is one gorgeous cake!!! Such a beautiful Nordic Ware pan! I love Nordic Ware products; they seem to always be of good quality. Your mother's cake sounds delicious, and I'm dashing off to pin this recipe right away. :D

    Thank you for sharing and have a great day!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pan makes a beautiful cake. Sounds yummy too. I can almost smell it! Is that a placemat/ tea towel/ wrapping paper under the cake? Might I find it somewhere to purchase? You have the best headers. Makes me want to jump right in them. November blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane...this is a table runner I picked up at HOME GOODS...they have beautiful runners for wonderful prices when you can find them! The cake is marvelous so I hope you enjoy the recipe!

      Delete
  5. Hello... Happy November!
    I will be making this next week! You are my go to gal for the best goodies ever! Your amazing!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous header! This pound cake recipe is getting snagged for future reference. I have a wonderful Bundt cake pan and I hope to try this.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.