May 4, 2017

A PRIDEFUL GARDEN



The world of blogging can lead to unexpected friendships.
Sometimes common interests seems to bring us together.
Many times we enjoy a post, a photo, a subject matter.....
we become familiar with the author who tells us
about their family, their travels, their favorite authors
or
simply what they had for dinner the night before.
We become friends......across the Internet......

I have made a wonderful friend through Estelle's that I would like
to introduce you to......
From time to time, I receive a lovely email from her.....
then at Easter, she sent me this beautiful photo
of her entryway.....
it really took my breath away......

Her name is Lana!
Lana and I have similar interests and she is one of those
earth angels who loves animals and opens her heart
to caring for animals.


Little did I know that Lana and her dear husband, Bob
created a magical home filled with beautiful gardens.
You know the saying," Rome wasn't built in a day,"
 and one can only imagine the time and effort
they put into transforming their land
to create such beauty!
The gardens are simply stunning and I wanted
to share their beautiful home with you.
Just imagine creating all of this beauty
from your imagination......


Lana and Bob's home was featured
in one of their local area magazines.

West Sound Home and Garden.  


This is sweet Lana and her husband Bob!
Just look at what this couple have created together.....
Aren't they just darling?


When I saw this section of the garden I simply
stopped reading......
I felt like I was at The Biltmore.....
I wanted to write Lana right away
and ask if perhaps she would consider adopting me?


I am sure many of us "wish" we 
possessed such gardening skills.....
I just find this magnificent!


This section has got to be the most peaceful place on earth ....
no wonder deer find this their safe haven.


I feel beyond blessed to have a friendship across the miles
with Lana!
I can tell you she has a marvelous sense of humor
and a heart of gold!
Wouldn't you just love to have a glass of iced tea
on their lovely porch?
This is the magazine article that
featured their lovely home and gardens,
so please enjoy some time to read further about
how they created such a lovely home for their family!

In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, 
and 
sharing of pleasures. 
For in the dew of little things 
the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.


18 comments:

  1. I have met Lana through my blog, too. She is a treasure to know. She has emailed me often to ask how my cats are doing and was a comfort with her words when we lost Ed, Lily, Kane and Sierra. She is a very special lady. I have yet to do a post of a gift she sent me last year. I need to tweak photos first as it is hard to photograph but I will. Her home is paradise. I, too, would love to walk her gardens with her (and Bob). I believe we could learn a lot from this garden goddess. I really enjoyed pour post, Betsy. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is most special Deb....Lana has made some wonderful friends by sharing her life and family. What a blessing...warm hugs for sharing today.

      Delete
  2. Yes, they look well rested and happy for such excellent and busy gardeners! =D

    I keep meaning to mention the outstanding headers featured here regularly. I think I have missed commenting on the last half dozen, but I do want you to know that I notice. Before much more time gets away and this one dissolves to the next, I must say that this one is very special. One gets that sense of warmth and home and spring and all things beautiful just to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vee...you are ever so kind. I thank you....my hope is that my blog brings a smile or a bit of inspiration to others for just a moment. Have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  3. What more can one say,than "Thanks" for sharing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely "walk" through Lana's and Bob's gardens! It looks so inviting and relaxing. Since I'm not a blogger, please let Lana know how much I enjoyed seeing the fruits of their labor. Thank you for sharing their gardens with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a truly wonderful garden. I do love the porch also. I love seeing well cared for lawns and gardens. I am no where near their talents. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely oasis! I envy her that pond. I had one once.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. How incredibly beautiful!! Visiting homes and gardens is my favorite thing to do ... well I guess it is for all of us here in blog land. Lana and Bob's place is amazing. Gardening is what my hubby and I enjoy together too so I can relate to this place. Thanks to you and Lana for sharing this.

    I often wish that readers would share more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know Lana, but I'm going to check out her blog! What a perfect garden!

    Vee mentioned your header and I wanted to tell you that I always LOVE your headers! What program do you use to make them, if you don't mind sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deanna...I create my header collages through our Lenovo software.

      Delete
  9. AnonymousMay 04, 2017

    there is something very special about a lady who knocks on the shed where she knows a little tree frog is in residence... not wanting to scare it.
    this is altogether lovely. thank you for sharing her gardens with us! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely....and what a magical place to enjoy the blooms of all their hard work!! Yes, blogging has given me
    many wonderful new friends. I count you as one of those!!
    Off to read her blog and article...
    (I'm going to be in plano a few days next week....maybe a glass of vino together??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....YES, indeed Janey...you are another friend gift I have been blessed with through blogging! Love it and YOU! Wishing you a happy weekend and a wine or two would be lovely!

      Delete
  11. Such a lovely garden!! I'm going over to check out the blog now. Enjoy your weekend, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie....Lana does not have a blog. She is one of my readers and shared this article with me! I wish she would create a blog...it would be a marvelous read!

      Delete
  12. I went and read the article. OMGOSH what a fantastic adventure those two have undertaken. I don't know what I am missing but I can't find the name of her blog nor the link to it anywhere. Is that something you can share...or is it right in front of me and I am missing it? duh....
    Have a beautiful weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana....Lana does not have a blog. She is one of my readers and she reached out to me through email. This is how we became forever friends. I have encouraged her that she should think about creating her own blog....this is why I featured her on my post..so that others could enjoy reading her featured magazine article! Glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.