January 1, 2016

A NEW YEAR 2016...ENJOY THE RIDE!




First stop....Costco.....the entire city must have been here......


Food....glorious food! 


The desk calender for our office...
just because Mary Engelbreit makes me SO happy!


And of course.....
the Lang American Cat calender featuring
the paintings of
Lowell Herrero...
Mother's all time favorite calender!


A week of packing ahead.....
at least it's all in one room.


It took one day to remove all the ornaments...
it's the darling's job to take down the tree and pack it away..huge job!
It's my task to wrap the ornaments and store them away in bins...
then HE takes them upstairs to the attic...
perhaps we are a tad bit too old for this....nah....just wait until next year!
There will be new ideas and a few new vignettes!


Wondering if we can make it until the clock strikes midnight.......


Now this little placemat was JUST what I was looking for.
I only wanted one and it needed to be silver and gold with a somewhat
"winter" effect. Bingo!
I can always count on my favorite Target...gosh I love their home decor! 


Ten.....nine....eight.....seven.......
New York City and Times Square......

This is when I miss Dick Clark.....I miss him alot...
he was handsome and a nice, nice man!
I grew up watching American Bandstand and rating the 45's! 
Some of you probably don't know what I am even talking about....
believe me...they were golden times! 



I always trust a professional caterer...
here's the link for Nancy Fuller's cake! 

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nancy-fuller/vanilla-birthday-cake-with-chocolate-frosting.html


“Start each day with a smile, and get it over with!”
 ~ W.C. Fields


Resolutions, you ask?
The usual...
move and groove....eat healthy....be kind


Yummy seafood appetizers...
and
Champagne!


It's January, 2016 Y'all....
We made it!!

Mae Mobley and her matching fur throw...
you little saucy minx.......

Cheers to YOUR health, wealth and happiness...always!

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I miss Mr. Clark, too. And I miss Guy Lombardo and watching all those beautiful couples on the dance floor so crowded that they could scarcely move...ahh the gowns! You did a beautiful job of making a festive evening. I could take some lessons though I had saved some sparkling cider. Small potatoes! Enjoy your New Year's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgotten about Guy Lombardo...Mother loved him. A little before my time, but I do remember she loved that too...thank you for reminding of good times gone by....wishing you a lovely year ahead Vee!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! I miss Dick Clark, too. American Bandstand -- I remember my cousin, who was 6 years older than me, introduced me to AB on a tiny black and white tv. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Snap! Have a wonderful 2016!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year, my blogging buddy. May it be filled with brightness and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a very Happy New Year to you Latane! Thank you darling, for always showing us the way to be bright, cheerful and happy...may you be blessed with good health and happiness! Hugs!

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year to you!! Hoping the new year is a good one for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.