October 13, 2015

THE LITTLE CHOCOLATE SNACK CAKE...A TREAT FOR THE CUBS!


This has got to be THE CUTEST photo ever
of Luke's little Cub Scouts den!
Little boys are absolutely darling aren't they?
Each one with their own personality!






This is a moist delicious little snack cake
that I have made for the kiddos for years!
If you are craving chocolate
and want a quick little cake to mix up,
then you will love this recipe!
It's moist and does not require frosting.
I made it often for coworkers and
business meetings....
never a crumb or morsel left!
It is perfect for book club ladies
or
for those littles in your life!



THE LITTLE CHOCOLATE SNACK CAKE
1 3/4 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water or 1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil or 1/3 cup canola oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped



Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 8-inch square baking pan.
In a bowl mix together the first 6 dry ingredients.
In another bowl whisk the water or milk with oil, egg, vinegar and vanilla; add to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in mini chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
 Spread into prepared baking pan.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done.


4 comments:

  1. Darling pictures!! Boy, does that cake ever look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little cubbies. They are so different in their actions.:):) When I saw it was a chocolate cake recipe, I thought of Nellie over at Berries and More, blog site...she had chocolate pudding cake recipe posted today. You girls are killing me...now I want some chocolate. LOL. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those scouts are just as cute as buttons. Love all the "individuality" each one shows. I am saving this recipe. It is like one I made years ago and lost the recipe for it-. Thanks! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so good that I may bake it for dessert today! Thank you. Oh my, yes, those boys are so cute! Very expressive!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.