May 23, 2014

SOUTHERN CORN CASSEROLE


I have made several various recipes for a good Southern corn casserole. I will state for a fact that THIS ONE IS INCREDIBLY GOOD! I wanted to try this one out on the darling to see if it was holiday worthy! The recipe calls for green bell pepper, which I absolutely love, but he does not! So, I added the pepper on one side of the casserole only. Both us agreed, with just one bite, that this may be the one and only! It only took one taste before he said....."mmmmm, this corn is really good!" Yep, holiday worthy indeed!

SOUTHERN CORN CASSEROLE
1 can of whole kernel corn
1 can of creamed corn (Estelle's recommend GLORY brand...a tad more seasoned)
2 eggs
1 stick of butter, melted
4 T. flour
2 T. sugar
1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a casserole dish, 9" x 9", with cooking spray. Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and place corn mixture in the casserole dish. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
 
Check out many great recipes for Memorial Day at Foodie Friday!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.