October 1, 2013

THE READING CORNER...THE PECAN MAN....SAVORING TINY PECAN MUFFINS




THE PECAN MAN
~Cassie Dandridge Selleck


“Then, as I stood there trying and failing to find words of comfort or wisdom, or anything that wouldn’t be dismally inadequate, I watched Blanche collapse into herself. It began with her forehead, then her eyes and mouth. Her hands flew up to cover her face, but the rest of her went down, down, down. I reached for her, but there was no way to hold her up. My rage was no match for her sorrow and we went down together.”~ excerpt from The Pecan Man

 
It took twenty-five years for Ora Lee Beckworth to tell the truth about the Pecan Man. Truth is a fickle thing. She met him in the summer of 1976 in their small Florida town. A lie can be self-perpetuating……all of a sudden you find yourself in the web…….

 



“One day in 2001, while coming back from the grocery store, I passed an old man riding a rumpled and rusted old bicycle down a narrow country road. Shortly after that, I passed a man picking up pecans in the front yard of his weathered old house. By the time I got home, I had the bones of my story and the main characters. As I began to write, the characters began to live and breathe and I allowed them to write the rest of their story….” ~Cassie Dandridge Selleck




 TINY PECAN MUFFINS
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 t. vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
2 eggs, beaten

Mix all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Bake in greased mini-muffin tins at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes. Do not bake longer than 15 minutes. Easy and Delicious! ~ Recipe Hall of Fame


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this recipe. It looks really delicious. You have the most beautiful header of all blogs I have seen this season. Just spectacular. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.