September 30, 2013

GALA APPLE PECAN CAKE


 Estelle's is decidedly southern.
I hope you enjoy gracious entertaining styles and
our families treasured recipes!
 
 
There are some things that you can count on. There are certain things that are seasonal and that bring you warm memories of childhood. Mother's apple pecan cake was her speciality every fall. It was something we looked forward to. I bake it only during the fall months, just as she did. I like that....the tradition, the memory of it all.



GALA APPLE PECAN CAKE
1 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 t. salt
1 t. soda
1/2 t. baking powder
3 cups chopped apples
1 cup pecans, chopped

Mix together oil, sugar and eggs. Sift the flour, and rest of the dry ingredients. Add to the first mixture. Fold in the apples and pecans. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F. in a sprayed 9" x 13" baking dish. I served this with a warm Dulce de Leche sauce from the Stonewall kitchen. You can serve it plain, or with any dessert sauce, whipped cream or ice cream. It's also amazing for breakfast!


 

2 comments:

  1. Love everything you post! I have made copies of each recipe that you post and it's my go to cook book! Thank You!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Patti....thank you so much! This is exactly what I had hoped for....sharing recipes that people enjoy making and sharing with their family! Thank you for commenting and taking time to visit Estelle's. Love......

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.