September 11, 2012

Irresistible Spice Cupcakes

If you asked me, "What do you absolutely love to bake for Autumn days?", my reply would be Estelle's Zucchini cupcakes topped with that irresistible Carmel Frosting!



Who could possible resist that delicious aroma of spice wafting throughout the house, which has now been adorned with pumpkins, scarecrows and orange-clove scented candles?  I am just beginning to pull out the Fall decorations. It really rejuvenates me when cooler weather comes in, the leaves begin to turn slightly, and our thoughts turn to football games, hot ciders and knitted sweaters! I have a long way to go in order to welcome family up to the Texas house with sights and smells of Autumn....let the decorating and cooking begin!!







I will say, these cupcakes will win you rave reviews. I have been making them for years and never let the Autumn season pass, without making these often. They are that yummy and oh!!!...this caramel frosting is creamy, dreamy scrumptious!


Zucchini Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting
3 eggs
1 1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup orange juice
1 t. almond extract
2 1/2 cups flour
2 t. cinnamon
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1/2 t. ground cloves
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini

In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and almond extract. Combine dry ingredients. Add to the egg mixture and mix well. Add zucchini and mix well,. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before frosting with the Caramel frosting.

Caramel Frosting
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
1 t. vanilla
1 1/2 -2 cups confectioners sugar

Combine brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for two minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners sugar until the frosting reaches the desired spreading consistency.

2 comments:

  1. These look fabulous. I think I just may be baking this weekend. Thanks for the recipe. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gonna love these Deb! They smell divine and taste even better! Let me know how you like them!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.