November 6, 2011

Nutella Eclair Parfaits

Estelle's treated us to the most fabulous homemade chicken pot pie this week. I just love that recipe. I added a few different ingredients this time. Instead of adding two cups of chicken broth, I added one can of Cream of Chicken Soup, along with about 1/2 cup evaporated milk. You know us southern girls....always adding a "cream of something soup!" Well, needless to say it was HEAVEN!!!!!

However, this blog posting is about the best, knock your socks off dessert, which I created on my own! Darling asked me (after he had just finished two helpings of the pot pie..."What's for dessert, Dahlin?" Uh-oh! No dessert tonight big boy. Besides, aren't you just as stuffed as a tick? If you are craving a little something sweet, we have some left over Halloween candy....help yourself! This seemed to satisfy that man o' mine, but I admit, I felt somewhat guilty not preparing some little delight to finish the meal. Sooooooooo, the next evening, I created Estelle's Nutella Graham Eclair Parfaits! "Fly me to the moon and let me sing among the stars"..........................he sang


Estelle's Vanilla Pudding
2/3 c sugar
1/4 c cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 c whole milk
4 large egg yolks
3 tbs unsalted butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract




In a medium saucepan off  of heat, whisk sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually whisk in milk and  eggs yolks.


Turn burner to medium heat and whisk constantly until custard begins to thicken and you see bubbles. Reduce heat to low and cook another few minutes.


 Stir in butter and pure vanilla extract.



Crush Graham Crackers and place in Parfait Glasses



Place a Heaping Tablespoon of Nutella over Graham Crackers



Pour Hot Vanilla Pudding into Parfait's over the Nutella and Grahams
The Nutella will Become A Little Melty-Yum!



Top with Shaved Chocolate

 
He Said...."Good lord, this is good! You can make this for me anytime!" Success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.