August 24, 2024

THE LAST OF SUMMER with DELICIOUS EASY RECIPES



I am very anxious to see August leave us....
it is so miserable and oppressive when you walk outside...
and it just zaps my energy and enthusiasm...
it's been triple digits day after day, so we find ways to
be productive indoors...except for a few minutes porch sitting
and watering the plants in the early morning....
just keeping it real.....



This is our house in the summer afternoons....

A delicious way to stay hydrated is with
Blueberry Lemonade!



This cold swiss cheese spread makes a great summer snack;;;
very much like pimento cheese and it's not only
light and refreshing, it's filling!



This has become my favorite lunch for these hot days....
one piece of rye bread, toasted, layered with
crisp lettuce, fresh tomato slices and homemade egg salad!



I came across this easy apple cake on Pinterest and it
is marvelous for a small cake...using only one apple.....



This is great for breakfast or a sweet ending with ice cream....

CINNAMON APPLE CAKE



 

1 comment:

  1. Your cat looks so nice and cozy lying there, and I have that SAME Lamb Chop stuffed animal! I love these blue plates that you are serving your delicious meals on. And your Header is so charming and Fallish. Here's to this terrific season!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.