August 11, 2024

EMBRACING THE FALL SEASON

Good morning to all my kindred spirits out there...
Summer is lingering with hot, uncomfortable days...
My fall decorating plans which were scheduled
to begin in September, have fallen by the wayside
and let it be noted I could no longer
hold off the desire to change out summer, to a few fall touches
starting with the kitchen..
I carefully stored away the summer decor pieces
and pulled out some favorites for the new season of Autumn....



I transformed this little counter space into an "owl themed"
little corner....
you know the first rule in decorating your home
is creating spaces that bring you joy and contentment...



I have loved this owl vase for many years....
I added a few Hops sprigs and he wears it
like his autumn crown....


I think this may be one of my favorites...
a tiny night lamp which is just so cozy
and beautifully crafted....


And lastly, my favorite cup to use for morning coffee.....
I sure love how this theme just seemed to come together....



For my little work station....I selected
my new wooden dough bowl, lined with a linen napkin 
and it features my little crocheted pumpkins....



I pulled out this age old wooden leaf
to use as the base for the little glass Milk pitcher....



A vintage cookbook featuring autumn recipes.....


 This precious little metal house wax warmer,
with a warm apple pie scent. fills this corner....
I think it's a good start to feel the anticipation
of a perfect fall day.....now bring on the football season
and tailgating parties...it's gonna be good y'all!!!!


6 comments:

  1. i really enjoy your blog, the glimpses into your home and life. this is what i enjoyed when first reading blogs. your blog speaks to hope and optimism. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Debbie...thank you for such a kind comment and I am thrilled you found enjoyment from visiting...wishing you a lovely autumn season ahead.

      Delete
  2. You have some lovely Autumn decor. Thank you for sharing it with us and getting us in the mood for Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I join you in the love of all things 'Fall!' Love your owl theme....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little crocheted pumpkins are the cutest. And the Owl items are delightful. I really like the metal house with the apple scent. Perfect for a kitchen. And the framed Owl picture is beautiful with bold Fall colors. So many wonderful Fall lovelies on here today, Betsy. Thank you for sharing all your creative ideas.

    ~Sheri

    *** just wanted to mention on your sentence.....The this precious little metal house wax warmer
    with a warm apple pie scent fills this little corner. Just wondered if you meant to say either the
    or this? Your post was very nice, and us blog sisters always take care of each other. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this Sheri....must have been typing too quickly....much appreciated!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.