March 15, 2024

DESIGNING A TABLESCAPE FOR SPRING and EASTER

My Spring/Easter tablescape this year
is what I would classify at Vintage Boho.....



selecting an earthy color palette, with a mix of
patterns and textures and a few statement accessories.



My inspiration piece was a pattern of dinnerware
that I felt I could use throughout the seasons....
from Spring, to Summer and all the way into Fall.
When someone asks, "what thought springs to mind,
when someone says the words "spring season?"
I immediately think of FLORALS....
Forsythia, Tulips, and Daffodils.....
When asked about thoughts for Autumn 
in regards to FLORALS...
I immediately think of Sunflowers and Mums.....
This particular pattern was a reflection of it all....
with the added bonus of a tiny, yet magical sprig of acorns!


I can totally feel the warmth mixed with the beautiful wood grains
and I try to select decor items for the formal dining, which will pair well with foods..
you know, something that will beckon family to the dinner table!
These rose gold highball glasses had me at Hello.......
these would be perfect to pair with my pink depression glass which
I try to use every Easter.....



I bought this little collection years ago at our
well known Trade Days in Canton, Texas,
except for the scalloped condiment dish which belonged to Grandmother.


This is the dinnerware I have chosen.....
florals that can be representative of spring florals,
along with a tiny SPRIG of acorns which can transcend into to the fall season...genius!


Now, for the accent piece....a cloth napkin...
this is how I design my tablescape....
I create mood boards to decide on the color scheme. textures and patterns!



 And don't forget the centerpiece...perhaps a vintage vessel..
these would have enough character to stand on their own
to create a cozy look..
these are the types of vessels I like using for a centerpiece...
stoneware pitchers
old glass jugs
whimsical pots
wooden dough bowls
and
heirloom glass vases


THE BUNNIES





I anticipate the Easter dinner celebration..
a tradition as far back as I can remember...
Honey Apricot Glazed Ham
with Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes,
Roasted Carrots, Asparagus Casserole
and
A dreamy Lemon Cake with
Limoncello Frosting

I have always loved the season and celebration of Easter...
may it be a blessed day for us all.....



2 comments:

  1. Very lovely......and what a yummy Easter menu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice table setting. I really like those candle holders. They look very much like the ones Nel has on her table on my post today. Very similar, indeed. Your grandmother's pink glass dish is a treasure. And I love the little bronze bunnies. Your meal sounds delicious, and the lemon cake sounds Yummy. There's nothing like peanut M&M's. Always a nice treat for the table. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.