February 1, 2023

THE PASSING OF WINTER...HOW WE ENTERTAIN AND CELEBRATE

About the time of three o'clock in the afternoon,
the sleet was falling and snow was already beginning to fall in the Panhandle...

We all know that the Winter season is the ultimate time
for all things things warm and cozy.
I do not do much decorating throughout the house,
but I do bring out items that I normally do not use everyday....
life becomes a bit quieter and it's a good time to just reflect
on the past year, and plan for new projects that you
want to accomplish in the new year.....
These are a few of my most loved items to
create that warm feeling of being home.....



Grandmother Estelle's heirloom English tea cups



Using her heirloom glass cake plate, along with beautiful paper napkins



Displaying a few winter pieces on the bar cart.....



I am loving the winter birch trees.....



Little touches can go a very long way of
personalizing your space and making it your own style...
love this new addition of this glam table runner....
a lovely winter's vibe.....



Finding a vintage Currier and Ives soup bowl on Ebay.....



Changing out the candles here and there......
the scent is remarkably like a walk in the woods......



The cookbook nook took on a neutral vibe with
a few changes including this beautiful tin artwork..
I am in love with the soft, pastoral French Country look.



This cookbook is just gold....I want to make every single recipe.....



And of course, heirloom cut glass cruets are some of my
favorite things ever.....


COZY HIBERNATION

Winter is naturally the season of rest
for us all..something needed for body, mind and spirit.
I am early to bed and early to rise....
It's a good idea to take time to be a bit more leisurely....

Warm and Cozy Winter Baking




Y'all!!! This kitchen gadget is life changing....seriously.....
I gave a few of these as Christmas gifts and ordered one for myself....
it is absolutely wonderful.....a grater for everything....
so much easier than a hand held grater....I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!
I ordered mine at QVC, but you can find a similar product
on Amazon.



I made a fabulous Kentucky Butter Cake from
Divas Can Cook recipe.....


In addition to vanilla extract, she added RUM flavoring....



That buttery vanilla rum sauce is to die for......here's the recipe link.....

KENTUCKY BUTTER CAKE


Butter Pecan Cake with
Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting



Sweet Treats fresh from the oven.....



Mexican delights on a winter evening with
delicious homemade guacamole.....


A fantastic weekend lunch idea....
Crockpot BBQ chicken sandwiches



Bananas in Coconut Milk and syrup with Cinnamon...
a signature dish from The Four Seasons in Maui...
shared with me from The Divine Miss M.....



Taste of Home Butterscotch Pie

So that's a wrap for this visit...
hope everyone is doing well and staying warm....
I so hope you found something of interest and something
you wanted to add to your home.....


7 comments:

  1. Gosh! I made a butterscotch pie from scratch last night. I hope that it tastes as good as yours looks. Stay warm and cozy down there in chilly Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know your pie must have been scrumptious Vee..thanks for stopping by today and sharing...maybe you can publish your version of the pie!

      Delete
  2. Everything looks so elegant, even the food. You have the touch that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Latane...hope things are all warm and cozy at your home today....so enjoyed your visit today!

      Delete
  3. You are a wonderful cook! So much variety and goodness in these dishes. I don't cook much anymore, but I definitely will make the BBQ chicken sandwiches. Sure enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen...thank you for visiting and leaving such a kind comment. Cooking is one of my passions in life and I am actually grateful for this. I attempt to bring you something of interest and inspirational in my blog posts....warm hugs to you today!

      Delete
  4. So many lovelies on here today, Betsy. That butterscotch pie looks amazing. You know, I have always loved blue in the home, and I smiled when I saw so much of it throughout your house. The 'Sparkling Woods' candle is calling my name, as I live very close to the woods. The butter cake looks so moist and Yummy. Nel is starting to put that cream cheese frosting on her cakes now. She says it's very simple to make. I love your charming bedding, and the boy and girl figurines are darling. I do enjoy seeing a glimpse of your wonderful home.

    Have a pleasant weekend, Betsy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.