January 20, 2023

CELEBRATING NATIONAL HOT TEA MONTH



Hello Loves.....well, we can learn something new every day....
Did you know that each year on January 12th,
it has been declared that we should celebrate HOT TEA....
and all the benefits tea can bring to our health!
I see that according to Victoria Magazine,
the entire month of January has been deemed that we
honor hot tea and should mark the occasion at home.....
So today, Estelle's is sippin' hot spiced tea......

Tea can be enjoyed at all intervals of the day....
my granddaddy used to drink hot tea every morning, rather than coffee....
Often times, hotels and Bed and Breakfast homes offer both
at their beverage stations....it's so, so nice to have the option....

I prefer coffee in the morning,
but it is so calming and comforting to sip on a cup of hot tea
mid afternoon.....today, it was my Mother's
holiday spice tea...which was left over from the holidays.....



It was just the darling and me.....and how lovely it was.....



I made it pretty as if we were staying someplace very special.....
it's nice to make the experience a beautiful thing.....



And, we enjoyed hot banana nut muffins.....


Fresh lemon slices.....


You know, there are no rules....
no rules when it comes to creating a cozy home for you and your family.
It's about what you love, what you find beautiful and what works for you
and those you love.
Let's soak up every moment of wonderful we can......



10 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures! I wish I could drink tea but I can't. Even the herbal teas do a job on me. I can't eat/drink anything with tannic acid in it-which includes sharp cheeses. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely idea. At present I am drinking Lemon Ginger tea and having a bagel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful cups, Betsy! I adore tea time, and you made yours lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so beautiful with you tea in hand. I love the fresh lemon and beauty of your home. I didn't know they still published Victoria Magazine. I always loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed some calming chamomile just last evening. Recently had a clearing out of the tea pantry so now have decided to have tea more often...at least daily. I hated being so wasteful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. York Gold for me! Best on the planet...
    New here! You're now on my blogroll...don't want to miss anything!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a lovely cup of tea yesterday afternoon. I tend to drink decaf coffee mid afternoon but I noted that hot tea somehow is just soothing.
    I absolutely love your saying you made the experience beautiful. I think we need to do that all of the time, not just now and then. You've inspired me to put a little more effort into the every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you know I have never had a cup of hot tea????????? wha???? you say!!! I know, I know...that's what all my friends say too. But I never grew up around hot tea...it was always iced tea for us...so I just never got into that pattern. I have one cup of coffee in mornings and then a diet coke during the day sometimes.
    Maybe I should try some since you've made it so inviting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tea time with your darling.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, a hot cup of tea in the afternoon sounds lovely. And with a special treat, even better. ; ) Your blue apron is delightful.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.