January 22, 2021

TEXAS LIVIN' IN JANUARY

 

Our Texas Sunrise
January 18th, 2021

There is nothing exciting to report 
but these are a few snippets of January days......

I so enjoy changing out my little workstation
to feature some of my favorite collectibles...
my sister gave me this darling little New Orleans
teapot which she found at an Estate Sale a few
years ago...she is just so sweet!


For a winter feel in the formal dining room,
I added this beautiful placemat for placing
under the crystal truet.....

FOOD FARE


Apple Pie in Puff Pastry
You can find the recipe here........

APPLE PIE IN PUFF PASTRY

I welcome ideas for mealtimes at Estelle's
and found some delightful seasonal recipes
at this Taste of Home website!


When I chose this puzzle,
I had no idea that Miss M and Luke the Duke
purchased this same puzzle last year....great minds must think alike!


This is our next puzzle project....
love this one!


I am currently reading and learning all about
HYGGE.....fascinating......


We were invited down for dinner at our son's home
where we social distanced and enjoyed a roaring fire
outdoors by the pool, and a fantastic dinner
of steak, twice baked potatoes, asparagus, homemade French bread
and hot apple pie!
It felt marvelous to get dressed up a bit, go somewhere,
see family and share time together....
the lockdown pretty much continues.....



I love that now that the darling has retired
he can enjoy early morning walks...even in the misty cold mornings....


Let's talk Valentine's Day....
I have planned something a little special for the love of my life...
taking something ordinary and transforming this into something
fun and unexpected....kinda excited for this...stay tuned......


Mae Mobley continues to enjoy
winter evenings in front of the fireplace....
life is good.....
hope you are all doing well!


5 comments:

  1. Texas in January seems awesome!

    I think I'll put chicken pot pie on my menu this week! My guys love it and so do I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betsy,

    Love this post!! Every one of your photos is so evocative! The New Orleans teapot is darling and the placemat is so pretty. The food images look so tasty and full of comfort. :) Mae Mobley sure is an elegant lady. :D Life is good here, too; I happen to really like this time of the year. It's nice to be cozy indoors, especially when the sun is shining like today.

    Hope you have a great weekend!!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started subscribing to your blog. It’s adorable. I love seeing all the cozy things you’re doing. So glad you were able to get out a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to Estelle's Barb...thank you for stopping by and subscribing...I hope you find something you may enjoy and visit often...hugs from Texas!

      Delete
  4. I love your days....and all the coziness in them. And I always love every single photo!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.