January 15, 2021

WINTER DECOR AND SOUP RECIPES

There is a chilled bottle of champagne in the fridge, just
waiting for a celebratory toast.....wonder when that will be?
That makes life so exciting doesn't it?
The sheer anticipation of something wonderful
to come along totally unexpected!
Or, is it enough to be content in the day to day ordinary routines?


White woods, pine needles, sparkling clementine
with spiced cloves....the scent of a winter's day.......


Frozen Eucalyptus, Snowy Spearmint and Winter Lavender


One of my all time favorites. Originally launched in 2012..
a blend of slow rising dough, crispy crust fresh out of the oven aroma


White Barn room sprays


 freshens up  a bathroom or bedroom


The garden called for a new garden flag
and this one features winter New England saltboxes......


Necessities of winter....
velvet slippers, warm and pretty socks, a fluffy throw
lavender and chamomile lotion, flannel sheets on the bed,
hot cocoa, homemade chicken soup, a bubble bath before bed and good books to read!


Over in Atlanta, Miss M left out a few of her Winter looking décor,
to add a touch of green, white and gray to this cozy corner!

Winter Food Fare


My Broccoli Cheese Soup=for two

¼ STICK OF BUTTER

½ chopped green onion

1 stalk of celery, diced

1 T. minced garlic       

3 T. flour

1 cup chicken broth

1/4 cup evaporated milk

¾ cup whole milk

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

¼ cup Pepper Jack cheese

3 sliced American cheese

½ package of frozen broccoli flowerets

1 t. Ranch seasoning

Pepper to taste

 Melt butter in saucepan. Sauté onion, celery and garlic for about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour to make a roux. Stir in the chicken broth, evap., milk and whole milk.

Blend until smooth. Add the cheeses and continue to simmer, stirring well. Add the broccoli and heat through. Season soup with Ranch seasoning and top with extra shredded cheese and green onions.

Many of you requested the recipe
that I had mentioned in a previous post
which was a light soup recipe featured in Southern Living
years ago...my parents loved this soup and always
took it with them when they went camping in
the Smoky Mountains...the broth uses
carrot juice and it's so delicious and healthy!


 Light Vegetable Soup

 1 (46-ounce) can vegetable cocktail juice

          1 (12-ounce) can carrot juice

          2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced

          1 medium onion, chopped

          3 stalks celery, sliced

          1 cup broccoli flowerets

          2 medium zucchini, sliced

          1 cup cauliflower flowerets

          1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms

          2 carrots, scraped and sliced

          1/2 teaspoon pepper

          4 cups torn spinach

 

Combine first 11 ingredients in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add spinach, when ready to serve.


A day in January of Texas snowfall




 
 

6 comments:

  1. just as I think you can't possibly get better... you DO.
    I won't do my usual gush. surely they are boring by now. and worse even... I hope they NEVER sound fake!
    because the truth is simply this. I LOVE YOUR BLOG. there is never a mean thought in it! you are loved.
    and you love. and it shows in your home and your music and your tiny precious videos!
    Rock ON darling Betsy! Rock On! XOXO and please hug the queen of the home... Miss Mae for me!
    uh oh. I think I managed to gush anyway! LOLOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy...what can I say...I simply love you! I am so honored to have met you and call you my friend! Warm hugs for a lovely and peaceful week ahead!

      Delete
  2. How lovely to catch up with you tonight! Thank you for the two recipes! I should gather up all the ones I have copied from you! A virtual cookbook! Remember the potato salad recipe that used some sugar? I need to look that one up again - it was really good! And that Crack Cake!!!So many good recipes.
    I love the 'ordinary!' That's what makes life extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree Linda....well said....hugs and blessings for our week ahead..sending love!

      Delete
  3. 😁

    😁

    😁

    Sorry! Just couldn't help myself.

    Thank you for the recipes. Like Linda, I have several recipes that have your name on them and that I return to time and again. Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins and the Classic Pasta Salad.

    Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vee...that is just wonderful that you have tried and enjoyed my shared recipes...that was my goal in starting my blog...wishing you a lovely and peaceful week ahead!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.