November 9, 2020

AUTUMN HARVEST DINNER PARTY


When autumn arrives and the nights turn a bit cooler,
 everyone 
seems to relax and feel like all is right with the world….

food is such a good way to connect to nature and the seasons…..
now is the perfect time to set the table for a cozy fall dinner party….



 For this dinner, we set a simpler table….
a pretty water goblet, a white plate, a bronze charger,
and a floral linen napkin. 

The menu is hearty and rustic,,,,
what we all seem to crave
on a chilly autumn evening.

I hope these recipes will provide you
with inspiration for hosting your
own fall gathering....
each one is a delicious and hearty
addition to your harvest table
 

Brie, Fig and Cranberry Pastry Rounds



BRIE AND PASTRY ROUNDS

THE MAIN COURSE
we are serving Apple Cider glazed Pork Chops
with a side of Apples and Onions



AUTUMN APPLE ONION PORK CHOPS


THE SIDE

MAPLE BACON BRUSSELS SPROUTS
1 pound of Brussels Sprouts
3 strips of Applewood Smoked Bacon
1/4 cup of dried cranberries
1/2 T. apple cider vinegar
1/2 T. Dijon Mustard
2 T. Pure Maple Syrup
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cut bacon into 1/2 inch cubes and cook in a large skillet until crispy.
Remove bacon from skillet and set aside.
Cut the ends off of each Brussels Sprouts and cut them
in half lengthwise, removing outer leaves.
Transfer them to the skillet and season
with salt and pepper.
Cook over medium heat until fork tender...about 10 minutes.
I add a touch of olive oil and a splash of water.
Sprinkle in the cranberries and add the cooked bacon.
Whish the maple syrup, Dijon Mustard and Apple Cider Vinegar together
and pour of the sprouts....continue to cook 3-4 more minutes.
Serve immediately.

DESSERT

Pumpkin Cake Roll
with Cream Cheese Filling

“I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze.
The sweet chill of pumpkin,
and crisp sunburnt leaves.” – 
Ann Drake

A special thank you to my dinner party guests,
my husband and my cat, Mae Mobley!

26 comments:

  1. What a wonderful menu! Thank you for sharing. Your table is lovely too, very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deanna....hope you will enjoy the recipes! I'll bet the days are gorgeous at your home!

      Delete
  2. I do love to cook more in the kitchen when the weather cools and all of these dishes look amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipes! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please enjoy the recipes..all are very good!Loved having you visit today!

      Delete
  3. Honestly Estelle what are you doing having a dinner party during Covid... people have no sense..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the past, your comments on my blog have been quite mean and extremely negative. I have finally decided to publish your comment for all readers to see. This blog is a place for inspiration and finding the beauty of life.....this is meant to be inspiration for normal times...I hope you examine your thoughts and your personality to change such behavior.....in the future, feel free to move on and stop leaving rude comments. It will not be tolerated.

      Delete
    2. Deb...you best move on down the road. “Hugs!”

      Delete
    3. I see that you listed now who was at your dinner part.. that was not there before... Good to know you are not having a lot of people over and are being safe. Gosh and thank you for publishing my comment... I wondered why i have never seen my comments posted.. Mean? I call it honest... and to be honest you have just helped me decide that i'am quite finished blogging.. Time to move on with something more constructive.. I'm tired of having to tip toe around everyones blogs and not be able to speak the truth because if you do everyone will jump down your throat.. no one knows how to have a conversation anymore unless everyone agrees with everyone else..

      Delete
    4. Here! Here!!! Well said!! I am proud of you!

      Delete
    5. Thank you Linda...you are always a love bug! Nick..thank you for stopping by and speaking up...try the Brussels Sprouts....very good..and to the other....you need to find reasons to smile.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the warning above. Sometimes, commenters need to be called out. Sounds as if she could use a pork chop.

    Speaking of which, those pork chops sound heavenly. Onions and apples and gravy...swoon.

    Feel free to delete if I have stepped too far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA...thank you Vee for visiting today...I am blessed to have such lovely readers and friendships through blogging...just one bad apple....that recipe is very good for fall....please enjoy! Hugs from Texas!

      Delete
  5. I love what Vee said about her needing a pork chop! And I love what you said to her. You handled her with class and dignity. Your pork chop dinner is almost identical to our favorite dinner and looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen....we all did get a laugh from Vee's comment! Well....it's great to be nice and find reasons to smile....thank you so much for visiting today....wishing you a lovely week ahead!

      Delete
  6. OK, I know what I am having for dinner tomorrow. I have some apples I need to use and I had completely forgotten about apples and onions. That is not a big dish around here although we both like it. And Brussels sprouts -- yum. Thanks for a good idea. Hope mine turns out as well as yours did. Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Kathy..so hope you are feeling better today! You will love the Brussels Sprouts...so easy and delicious. I'll bet your weather is turning cold....stay warm and healthy...thank you for visiting today!

      Delete
  7. All the food looks delicious especially the pumpkin roll. Happy Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thelma.....hope you are enjoying the Autumn season...it seems to be flying by doesn't it? Wishing you a beautiful week ahead!

      Delete
  8. Hi Betsy,

    This is such a pretty post!! Your table setting is perfect for this time of year, and yes, we could all use some comfort and beauty right now. These recipes look delicious and thank you for sharing today!! Good for you exposing the bad apple in the bunch.

    Hugs to you,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry Denise...it's never easy to deal with difficult people...I would love to know your plans for the holidays...let's pray for better days ahead....I have so loved your posts this season....hugs from me to you!

      Delete
  9. well... as always... this is just a little jewel of a post!
    and it's obvious your words weren't read by that person... because you say that your guests are
    " my husband and my cat, Mae Mobley! " and how lucky they are to have you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Tammy....I hope you found a new recipe to try...these were all so good....love having you visit me today and leave such sweet comments as you always do...hope you are doing well and enjoying the fall season...warm hugs!

      Delete
  10. That dinner looks so delish. There is nothing better than an Autumn meal. I am loving this gorgeous Texas weather! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It indeed has been a lovely November Katie...happy house hunting!

      Delete
  11. My mouth is watering . . . such photos should only be received with a dinner invitation :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW...thank you Connie..hope you are doing well and enjoying the fall season...hugs from me to you!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.