November 11, 2020

AN HEIRLOOM CENTERPIECE THAT MAKES A STATEMENT


Hello loves.....
I'm so glad you came back to visit Estelle's today...
May this post provide you an idea of decorating
for your Thanksgiving day....
I think we all like to treasure our memories
and remember those loved ones we have lost....especially at the holidays...
This is why I always use family heirlooms in most every vignette
I create....
in this setting, my Grandmother Estelle's linen napkins
and Grandmother Grace's crystal sugar bowl.....


TRADITION.......A lovely word that brings up childhood.
Memories and feelings of security......something
steady and dependable in an ever changing world.
You can make that for people and it doesn't have to be big.
It's the over and over again that gives a tradition
a place of honor in your family lore.
It's the little things in life......take good, good care.

6 comments:

  1. I love heirlooms. I don't really have any but I am creating heirlooms for my kids. Special crystal bowls, silverplate (bought used). I love nice things, and the kids do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks just beautiful, Betsy! I love tradition, too, and family means the world to me. I bet your Thanksgiving table will be lovely and your food delicious. :)

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, tradition is so very important. It becomes a touchstone for the heart and memory. You have some wonderful treasures and how
    special it is to create beauty for your family and all of your readers. I so appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how lovely for you to have family heirlooms. I have just a few pieces from my grandmother. My most cherished is a charcoal drawn portrait of my great-grandmother on her wedding day in 1885. Her cousin was a celebrated artist in Canada at the time and the portrait was her gift to my ggrandmother. It is absolutely beautiful and I am so blessed to have it! I agree that tradition is so important for our families.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy, You are absolutely right about traditions. One year I did a Victorian Christmas, it was pretty but it was not the Christmases I had lived with ...all the decorations I had from when I was a young married or all the things my daughter's made for our tree. So back to tradition for me since that year. I love that you have wonderful things that belonged to your grandmothers. So pretty and sweet. I know that my daughters like to see the same special little things year after year. Blessings to you and yours, Stay safe. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this post on "tradition" Makes me think of my Mom's fruit cake that we had each year. I made for the first time last year and I will do it again this year. Stay safe.
    Thelma.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.