February 9, 2020

SNOWY SOUTH


This is a big deal to us down here in Dixie.......
when there are snow days....we play like there's no tomorrow...
Miss Abbie celebrated her 20th birthday by making snow angels!


Oh, to be young and beautiful college co-ed's!


They could be cover girls don't you think?
She has really created a circle of good friends during
her college years.....next year, she will be moving on to
a different school for a higher education in her chosen career field.


Over in Atlanta.....everyone took to the slopes....
meaning the golf course......
those summer boogie boards come in handy
on days like these.....


There is something energizing to dogs about cold snow...
they can frolick for hours.....


Piper Rose had one of the best days of her life...


Wipe out.........


Now you see, the good thing about snow in the South, is that
it doesn't last long....just a beautiful light snowfall!


It's a gift to have a snow day.....
at least here it is.....
I don't miss the long winters in Maine....
they lasted way too long, even though it was incredibly beautiful...


I love seeing Piper gaze out the window...
I always wonder what she must be thinking....

I hope you are warm and cozy where you are....
tonight is Oscar night....and....
I'm rather excited for this one!



10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, beautiful post. Those girls are just gorgeous. It is bittersweet to look back on our own years when we were that age, isn't it?
    I do like a good snow day-as long as i don't have to drive on ice. I was glad that we had already traveled through your part of the country on our way to FL before the snow hit. The drive is long enough without inclement weather. lol
    Have a wonderful Sunday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're north of Atlanta and are enjoying it as well. It is truly a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to see the gang enjoying snow. The golf courses have some beautiful hills. Alas, sledders must compete with snowmobilers up here. Not a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww...wish we’d gotten a lil snow! Piper hilarious. Loving your lil videos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post and a beautiful family.
    Looks like a great day for making memories :)
    God bless, you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The girls are beautiful. What wonderful futures they have in front of them! Piper is beautiful, too! What a sweet heart she is. The snow is beautiful too, but here in Michigan we have it around for a very long time! I enjoy your blog very much. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we had the surprise of almost 6 inches last week! and it was gone in two days.
    beautiful pictures.
    and I'm totally in love with little Piper Rose! just pure love!
    I ALWAYS think of the picture of her peering into the toy box with the Duke! LOL XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've only had your kind of snow fall here in Lancaster County this year, and I'm good with that! Its beautiful coming down, looks pretty then gone!

    Luke looks like he's having the best fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it awesome? So pretty to look at, and here in the south, short and sweet! I lived in Ohio & New Hampshire and I totally do not miss the shoveling, the scraping, the getting up at 5 AM to shovel the driveway and garage door just so I could get out to work, hoping the roads were plowed. I don't miss ice storms (though we have had them all the way down here in Albany, GA) and I don't miss below zero temps. But I do miss the beauty of a white snowy day and I miss the snow at Xmas. But not enough to ever move permanently back to New England or the midwest, lol. Looks like fun was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betsy,

    Oh, what a pretty snow!!! I envy them a bit, as all we've had here is rain and more rain -- in fact, it's raining again today. We're feeling totally waterlogged around here. }:>( Your granddaughter is lovely, and so is here friend. Sweet Piper Rose; it's so funny how dogs enjoy the snow. She's "helping" the girls with their snowboarding. :D

    Thanks for sharing, Betsy. I hope you're staying well this winter. Have a great week!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.