February 6, 2020

AUSTIN WEEKEND and WINNING RECIPES





"What you surround yourself with
 should bring you
peace of mind and peace of spirit."
 ~Stacy London


THIS....my loves.....is a gift of the day...
The Divine Miss M captured this stunning sunset out her back window
last Monday evening....it is indeed breathtaking isn't it?


It was a beautiful weekend down in our state capital ....
sunshine and perfect weather for cocktails on the patio....
We had Sunday brunch at our favorite 24 Diner
before heading home to watch the Superbowl...


I am such a creature of habit and always order the same...
one slice of sourdough toast with fresh jam and
the yummy yogurt parfait with fruit and homemade granola...


Do you notice that darling little syrup dispenser on the table
at 24 Diner.....well....I just loved it....
so.....I found one just like it on Amazon!
Luke loves my french toast, so I plan to use it for his
morning breakfast..just darling...it's a little beehive look!!!


I wanted to try someplace new to us for dinner,
and Moonshine Grill was my selection....
I will say, when in Austin, you will never run out
of fabulous restaurants...


It is always a treat to us to spend a weekend with our youngest....
we never fail to have a great time.....


Saturday night is busy everywhere these days but the wait
was only about 15 or 20 minutes....
great atmosphere....




Let's see....we dined on Ribs, Shrimp, Grits and Salmon....


We dashed into an HEB quickly so I could pick up a few jars of
this Green Chili Stew...my plan is making
Nick's Chicken Spaghetti which has become his specialty when
providing dinner for either the football team or basketball team....
yes, he feeds the entire team!!!



Now onto some fabulous recipes which I know you will love.....
we sure did!






Are your thoughts jumping forward to Spring.....
I love thinking about that time of year, when all
the nasty winter weather has left us until next year...
we have a ways to go, but it's good to plan
for the gardens and for Easter Sunday!


I cannot wait to hang this on our backdoor.....
perhaps not until April......


Mae Mobley just seems to get prettier every day....
gosh I just adore her!
Hope y'all have a great week...thanks for stopping by today!





3 comments:

  1. (Oh phew! Second time’s the charm I guess. Just a minute ago, groogle told me that I could not comment here. None of the beautiful pics would load...I figured there was a gremlin about.)

    Oh my! Everything is so lovely here and there, too. What a sunset! Your daughter had to be at the right place at the right time to capture that glorious scene. A gift for certain!

    Did you love the game? Very exciting and intense I am told. I have seen the highlights clip as I turned down the invitation to the party my sister was having.

    A blessed weekend to you and your family. Miss Mae is a beautiful kitty, regal even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like y’all had a great time in Austin! That’s where Deanie’s son and family live, too!
    All your photos are so pretty! Spring is coming......but for now I’m enjoying the slower calm pace of winter......
    Love your candle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! Mae Mobley. you surely are definitely the most beautiful kitty in the world!
    I was entranced by the last tiny video. I LOVE the music you select for them.
    it had everything. and I loved the quiet way it ended with the promise of Spring! XO

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.