January 10, 2020

TOUCHES OF WINTER DECOR and BEST ORANGE CAKE


Hello Loves...I hope your New Year is off to a great start....
We are so saddened by the devastation in Australia and 
the suffering of the wildlife....I have said prayers
for these precious creatures and the firefighters as well.
Our New Year began with our washer flooding which we are
still dealing with...ordered a new part so we shall see
if it can be repaired.....anyhoo....
how about a bit of winter decor to make you smile today.....
We begin with the lovely home of the Divine Miss M
over in Atlanta.......


There is something so refreshing and clean
about white florals.......


Looks like Piper Rose is keeping her eye
on that Chicken pot pie on Miss M's desk as she works.....


Although a bit late....we simply could not start our 
New Year off without our traditional Pork Roast and Sauerkraut.....


And.....I did not get to partake in the Pumpkin Pie
at Thanksgiving, so I baked one for our New Year's dinner.....


I did not decorate for Winter, but I did add a few seasonal touches
here and there.....


My new tablecloth until February....love it!


A new Winter candle from Bath and Body Works.....


Best Orange Cake

1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 ¼ cup sugar I used fine sugar
½ cup milk
½ cup of orange juice
¼ cup oil
¼ cup melted unsalted butter
3 medium size eggs
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray with cooking spray, a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt set aside.
In a different bowl, add the melted butter, oil, sugar, and beat until well combined.
Add the eggs one at a time beating the mixture after adding each egg.
Add the milk and whisk, then add the orange juice and vanilla and whisk for one minute.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and gently mix for a few seconds. Don’t over mix the batter. Pour the orange cake batter in the previously prepared baking pan.

Bake, the batter for 40 to 45 minutes or until its golden …..transfer it to a cooling rack, after 7 minutes remove the cake from the pan and place it over the cooling rack to cool completely.


This is a good quick bread for an afternoon treat.....


A winter storm is coming our way....
time to stay cozy...take good care my friends.....


13 comments:

  1. Good morning! I had the same problem with my washer as you know, a seal on the front loader. Thankfully the damage is not that bad. I am sorry that you are still dealing with it.

    I love your new table cloth! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now I wish that I could have a slice of that yummy looking orange cake. Your winter decor is just the right amount. It looks lovely and perhaps is a nod to your Maine days more than your Texas world. Your daughter decorates so beautifully as well. Very welcoming foyer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betsy,

    Well your daughter's home, and yours, looks just lovely!! I love this time of year; it's a good time to stay cozy and warm inside. I love, love your winter tablecloth and your new Bath and Body candle is pretty, too. I'm taking down Christmas decs this week and I look forward to putting out my "winter" decor. :)

    Betsy, this orange cake looks absolutely scrumptious. Thank you for sharing! I love anything orange or lemon, and I will be pinning this recipe. I wish I had a piece right now! Hope you have a nice, peaceful weekend!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Orange Cake sounds and looks delicious, I agree white florals are so refreshing especially when transitioning from the colorful holidays. Everything is always so lovely, thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your washer will be fixed with the new part. Washers it seems have to make some kind of watery mess. Why can't they just stop running and be done with it?
    I eyed that pot pie also. Looks like a bottom crust? I need one now. Love those things. The orange cake will be a must have now in my home, looks delicious!!!!
    I have Australia in my thoughts and prayers. Peoples lives lost is terrible. Homes totally gone.
    The little animals huddling together is just terrible. Helpless.
    I heard that there were numerous fires set. I hope they catch everyone who did that. Just evil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to mention in my previous comment about the delightful video you have posted. I enjoyed watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your orange cake looks delicious!!! It looks like it might have a light glaze on it...might that be so? Also your tablecloth is lovely. Could you tell us where you bought it please and Thankyou!!Winter stays around in Colorad for a might long time.Mary in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary..yes I made a glaze for the cake by mixing powdered sugar, OJ and vanilla....and my tablecloth is from Amazon! Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
    2. Mary...here is the link for the tablecloth..
      https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XSLX224/ref=twister_B07XSFCWJV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

      Delete
    3. I ordered the tablecloth and it came. I love,love,love it!!!! And I run a program for grandparents raising grandkids....so tomorrow's snack is your orange cake....I believe we'll all go for it...regardless of whether we are the kids or the oldies!! Thanks for all the wonderful ideas!! Mary in Colorado

      Delete
    4. I am so happy for you Mary....love sharing ideas...enjoy the recipe....you must be an amazing hostess! Love from Texas!

      Delete
  8. I love that tablecloth and am looking at the link for my daughter. Sooo cute. That cake sounds deliciously decadent. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Dear Estelle, added that wonderful orange cake to my Pinterest board! Happy New Year, as always your home and style is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.