December 9, 2019

TIS THE SEASON TO MAKE MERRY


It's the holiday season...
Bing Crosby is on Pandora, the Christmas cookies are in the oven
and the tree is up and ready for ornaments....
Let's see what's been happening the last few days.....


Even though our Luke the Duke is growing up,
he still has the magic of the season in his heart....


Snowy the Elf has been merry making over in Atlanta....
you never know where this fun-loving Elf is going to show up.....


For many years, my Mother and Daddy would gift us
the Pears and Apples from Harry and David....I have
often given these as gifts because they are absolutely divine...
this year, it's a gift for our family for Christmas Eve!


I also ordered Trisha Yearwood's, Christmas in a Cup cocktail mixer
from Williams Sonoma for our Christmas signature cocktail on Christmas Eve!
I'm excited for this one....
I plan on using Mother's vintage cocktail stemware!


Our weather has been wonderful this past week....
not very cold but cool enough for a fire in the evenings...
Mae Mobley's favorite time of the day.....


The tree is finally up and waiting
for her ornaments....



I love the lights reflected in the front door in the
early morning hours....


I am so excited to share our formal dining table with you....
my idea and vision for the tablescape is coming together
which will feature my collection of the
Better Homes and Garden dinnerware....


Oh happy days...I finally found the new train appetizer plate....
I wanted this one as my Daddy was an avid model train enthusiast
so this one is in remembrance of him...
I love you Daddy....always!


The decor on Mother's sideboard is just what I wanted....
no specific theme...just random collectibles.....


It is baking day for Lindt cupcakes which
I am making for the Darling's work luncheon...
I think these are going to be not only yummy,
but cute and festive and easy to transport!


My plans for Christmas Eve are taking shape....
it's funny, I wanted to change things up this year
and serve a big Italian Dinner for Christmas Eve,
but the boys have spoken....tradition rules.....
all their favorite appetizers...I kinda love that they
treasure family favorites each and every year....


It's time to change out little things in the kitchen....
how festive to use seasonal hand soaps....


We took time out to have a date
for an afternoon matinee and went to see KNIVES OUT...
excellent...we gave this one five stars...
a marvelous who-done-it with an outstanding cast...WE LOVED IT!


My latest obsession is the BBC production
of Gavin and Stacey...the darling and I are
so loving this show which has three seasons
showing an Amazon Prime....
I cannot get enough of this show and marvelous cast!

I read on Facebook that Dr. Rita, Mae's Veterinarian in Maine
is retiring....she was simply the best...
she rescued Mae and her two other siblings from a run down
farm and they each went to loving homes...


Mae saved me from a sad time after the passing of our beloved Boone...
our 19 year old kitty..she has been my constant companion
for almost ten years now....she is my heart....
Dr. Rita is one of those angels on earth who devoted herself
to excellent healthcare for animals and saved many
cats and dogs who were adopted into good homes...
 I will always be grateful to her....



There are blessings for each of us everyday...
I so hope you are enjoying your days of December...
the Christmas season always reminds us of hope, joy and kindness....

10 comments:

  1. Thank you Betsy for this sweet post. I love that your sons want the traditional things . I enjoyed hearing about Mae and the vet. I always love to see around your beautiful home. Wishing you great joy this holiday season. Bless you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning dear Susie....hope y'all are staying warm up North...I also send you warm hugs for feeling better soon....hope Ted is doing well also...thank you for visiting me today!

      Delete
  2. Miss Mae is so beautiful...her fur is so soft and white...well it looks soft, though I certainly don't know. I am glad that she has been a little angel in your life. My daughter feels the same way about her kitties. Everything here is so beautiful...you give your readers a gentle place to land. And I am glad that you love Bing, too. It warms my heart that he is still in style with a lot of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Vee...Mae is so very soft...and is truly a Maine Kitty....she can be a bit fiesty with strangers....I am glad you feel at peace visiting me...what I always hope for...sending you warm hugs today!

      Delete
  3. Your home is as beautiful as you are! You always have such wonderful things to share.....that Christmas in a Cup sounds intriguing.
    I’m changing things up for Christmas Eve this year....instead of a big traditional dinner, I’m going to make a big pot of chili. Chips, dips, crackers and cheese and on and on.....but this will be so much easier and I’m all about easy this year. Looking forward to each and every post you make. I’ve missed a few and am going back now to catch up. I have a cup of Earl Grey tea in hand and am so enjoying our visit this morning.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a love Linda....you stay so busy and enjoy the time with friends and festivities...I so admire that and you are the first place I visit each morning....sounds like your plan for Christmas Eve is going to be just perfect!!!

      Delete
  4. I'm loving your holiday posts! Those cupcakes sound amazing! I didn't realize Miss Mae was a rescue cat! She hit the jackpot with you Betsy! She is well loved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanna....thank you for such sweet comments....love having you visit today...warm hugs from Texas!

      Delete
  5. Your posts are always so lovely. I especially love hearing about Miss Mae. We also have rescue kitties. One we chose and two that showed up at our house one Saturday morning. We love them all.
    Please, do tell about the cupcakes. They sound scrumptious! Holiday blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Mechelle...thank you for visiting and leaving such sweet comments. I love having a fellow cat lover share their stories! I will share the lindt cupcakes recipe. It won second place at the luncheon...wishing you a very Merry Christmas season!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.