July 11, 2020

DREAMY COCONUT CAKE...from OUT OF THIS WORLD in TENNESSEE

....

HAPPY JULY MY FRIENDS!


I simply could not let summer pass by
without sharing one of my all time favorite
cake recipes with you!
This cake is SO EASY to make and 
tastes as if it were made from scratch!


I collected all of the Recipe Hall of Fame cookbooks
from years ago....both of the authors were 
Mississippi gals.....

My best friend, Miss Vicki and I both
used to make this cake for social gatherings
and it was highly requested.....


I chose Miss Vicki to slice the cake at our son's
rehearsal dinner we hosted back in the day....we are two peas in a pod!
This cake is delightful for summer with a side of fresh berries...
Y'all will love this recipe if you like coconut cake!!!!


Don't you love the smell of a cake baking in the oven?
It makes the house feel like  "home!"


The lovely pour of sweetened condensed milk
over a hot cake.......yum-o!


DREAMY COCONUT CAKE
1 box white cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 9-ounce carton of whipped topping
1 8 1/2 ounce can cream of coconut
6 ounces of frozen coconut, thawed

Grease a 9" x 13" baking dish.
Bake cake according to package directions.
While cake is still hot, punch holes in the top
with a fork or straw.
Pour milk over entire top of cake.
Let cool.
Mix whipped topping and cream of coconut
together by hand and spread over cake.
Top with coconut.
Cover and refrigerate....until ready to serve.
Keep leftovers in the refrigerator.


Hope y'all enjoy!


Please stay safe....and
WEAR YOUR MASK PLEASE!!!!


4 comments:

  1. Ted and I wear our masks when out . Out in , he drives me to the store and I go in. Ted has only been in the hospital or drs. offices since Jan. I only go to the grocery but did have to make a couple hardware store runs. Your cake does look fabulous. I like coconut . The fresh berries with a piece of your cake makes it even more special. Blessings to you, stay cool, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your top photo. What calendar is that from, please?

    Ohhhh, that cake does look cool and delightful!!! Yummmmmmmm.....

    Cool, we really need all that is cool, in Peak Summer! -smile-

    Yes, we wear our masks. Not that we go out much.

    This past week, we actually went to 2 grocery stores, ourselves! Early in the morning, when there were very few other people there. -smile- And not for much.

    Otherwise, we still use curb side pick up. Since these have become easier to get-a-slot from, it makes less work for our Dear Daughter in Law next door. Who has been getting everything for us!!!

    Personally, I want our Beloved Country open up again! With wise rules. For those who are not compromised.

    What I can not stand, is the Rules for law abiding citizens. And those, for protestors. Law Abiding Citizens must follow Rules. Protestors do not have to.

    Whattttttttttttttttt??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love yourrecipes! You look so very pretty with your phone and wearing your mask. We wear ours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 12, 2020

    oh my! back in the day... when I could still enjoy cakes without going into a diabetic coma! LOLOL.
    THIS would have been a favorite! it has everything about it that I love! especially in the heat of summer...
    an "icebox cake." I will have to dream of what it tastes like. xoxo and YES! wearing my mask also.
    I never stopped wearing it! our city has now made it an ordinance in public. otherwise a fine of $500.
    people had simply STOPPED! and it was not good. I only go out for groceries. and to eat in the car with my brother in the park occasionally. but right now it's just TOO hot! the 100's. I'm ready for Autumn!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.