March 7, 2019

FORMAL DINING ROOM MAKEOVER


Miss M and her handsome husband, over in Atlanta,
recently updated their formal dining room
and it is indeed spectacular!
I know she is over the moon about the update
after many years of this room functioning
as Luke's playroom!


This front room served as a large playroom for the Duke
for the first nine years of his life, as well as,
Miss M's desk and workspace.


I know many families with young children
turn their dining rooms into large play centers for
the little ones and it certainly was the hub of many play dates.


Well....gone are the days of playing super heroes.....


I frankly admire her for keeping her sanity during those wild times...
but they certainly were creative in their play......


A dragon lives forever, but not so little boys
Painted wings and giant's rings make way for other toys.....


They had decided on the color they wanted through
the advice of a professional decorator....


The color chosen is called Oyster Bay



I think it turned out marvelous...
it's actually a very soft sage/gray, but in some light
appears to be a soft blue....



The medallion was going to be a bit tricky.....


This required many tedious hours of hand painting around
the entire medallion which is very large and intricate....
That is Miss Irma, who was visiting at the time
and helping to tape off the molding....


Oh I think it's just stunning and I cannot
wait to see this in person.....soon!


They had purchased this gorgeous dining room set
last year and she has patiently waited for the room to be
painted before placing her fine china in this beautiful hutch!


The colors in the china match beautifully with this color
of Oyster Bay.


I can so imagine holiday dinners enjoyed
in this beautiful dining room!


After many shopping trips to find the perfect rug,


they found one they both liked which is a gray/ivory
distressed rug...I think it is perfect for the room!


I so appreciate formal dining rooms
and I applaud them both for this beautiful makeover....
it's just so perfect for this grand southern Atlanta home.
I'll be expecting my dinner invitation any day now......

16 comments:

  1. Oh it’s beautiful and your daughter so deserves this room after giving it up all this time for a growing child. Wonder if Luke likes this room...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vee....a lot of work but so worth it and yes, Luke loves fine dining! Thank you for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...I am swooning over that color...just beautiful and so elegant.It, with all the furniture, china, rug...it's just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the sweetest of the sweet BJ....I would love to paint something with this color too! Even the name had me at hello! Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  4. Oh- How I LOVE a formal dining room and I am missing that in this rental I am in now. I love that your daughter has such a beautiful spot for big family meals. It was a great idea for her to wait and let her boyo have a play spot for his friends. What a good mom! I hope you show us a picture in the future of it all set up for a special meal.

    I hope you have a great night. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how much you must miss your gorgeous, gorgeous home Diana....I need to pop over and visit you....big hugs from me to you!

      Delete
  5. I'm just not ready for our Little Luke the Duke to look so grown up!!! but he's so handsome!
    this was a wonderful post... through the stages of the room! it's perfect in every way!
    how could you miss with windows like that? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy...those windows are just beautiful aren't they? I swoon over them on every visit! Hope things are well in your world...warm hugs love!

      Delete
  6. Positively stunning, Betsy!!! Love their wall color. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie...she has waited a long time for this...well deserved...I love it too! Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi Jan....thank you for visiting today and leaving such a sweet comment!

      Delete
  8. beautiful series of photos.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanza...thank you for stopping by today!

      Delete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! Love the colors..she did good with her picks! As I type this, I have so many paint swans of gray that my eyes are crossing. My bedroom re-do begins tomorrow 😳. Have changed my mind 100 times.
    Your daughters house is so pretty. I bet on your next visit, a beautiful meal will be served to you there!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey...how exciting to redo the master....please share your final design! Hugs!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.