March 18, 2019

A WEEK OF FAMILY, YUMMY FOOD AND A VISIT TO DEALY PLAZA


We are very grateful parents!
We enjoyed one entire week of having
our youngest home for a visit....we often
say how much we love one on one time with each
of our children....just focusing on them....when you have four
kiddo's, those times are very important...at least from the parents
perspective....and how we treasure those times!
So this is a recap of a wonderful week!


He normally does not have time to eat breakfast....
out the door and working full exhausting days,
so we enjoyed a rather yummy breakfast each morning!


They LUV my homemade Egg McMuffins


Warm delicious waffles are always a nice change


And, the darling's favorite....hot crusty croissants with jam!


We were lucky enough to meet up with another of the kiddos
and even were able to catch up with our granddaughter
on her Spring Break.


Oh how we love Maggiano's


I love it when the siblings get to spend time with each other


Beautiful Abbs just home from visiting her bestie
at the University of Arkansas


The darling deciding what's for dinner!


I cannot believe we have lived in Texas since 1988 and had
not taken our youngest over to DEALY PLAZA!


It's always good to see this exhibit and tour still draws hundreds of visitors.


If you lived through the Kennedy assassination, as we did,
it has a deep sadness and surreal feeling to it.
The darling was in 7th grade and I was in the 6th grade...
we both remember every minute and the entire Thanksgiving weekend
when our entire country was in disbelief and mourning.


The tour is extremely well done and personal.


Again, the spot is surreal...it was all so very horrible.
That drive down Elm Street is just so very strange.......


For our last evening, we dined at one of our favorites....


There were people everywhere celebrating
St. Patrick's Day.


Oh, how I love an Old Fashioned...
most Southern Belles and Gents do......


Thanks for spending time with the old folks love bug...
love ya' to the moon and back!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous week, Betsy! It so nice to like not just love the adults our kids turned into! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No greater joy for parents than to have the kids home! Now mine live so close that I never have one sleep under my roof so I think that must be a special thrill. You took good care of that son!

    Funny how we often overlook the opportunities right under our own noses. I was that way for years about Shaker Village. I can well imagine that visiting Dealy Plaza would be poignant. Yes, I remember the day well. Home sick from 4th grade and on the sofa when the new broadcast broke in to share that The President had been shot. I went to the top of the cellar stairs to yell the news down to my mother and neighbor who were making Christmas wreaths with fresh boughs. Somehow those smells always remind me of that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an amazing week. I was just over a month old when President Kennedy was killed. My young parents were shocked, just like the rest of the nation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sitting on the bed in Dallas giving Summer her bottle. She was one month old. I was 15 years old....
    One on one time is such a treasure. I'm going to Dallas tomorrow to spend the day with Amber. Summer comes home Wednesday from Puerto Rico....

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.