February 8, 2019

VEGETARIAN CASSEROLE...SO GOOD!

I have wanted to try this recipe for some time now
and today was the day, since I had all the ingredients on hand.
When I first watched Lisa Robertson's video on her Mother's
Vegetarian Meatloaf, I could not imagine what in the world
this would taste like, but the proof is in the casserole, so to speak!
This is amazingly delicious....you're gonna want seconds.
Lisa said this was her family's FAVORITE growing up
and when she made it for her friends, it was a highly requested dish
at any of their gatherings.....I can see why....we LOVED it!


Here’s the recipe:

Note: the G. Washington Broth is vital. 
It will not taste the same without it.

None of our local groceries carried this brand,
so I ordered mine from Amazon!



-In a large mixing bowl combine:

-1/2c butter, melted
-5 eggs
-24oz small curd cottage cheese
-1/2c chopped pecans
-1 white onion diced fine
-G.Washington Broth, 2 packets Rich Brown, 1 packet Golden
-7 oz Original Special K, crushed small


Combine and put in large, greased casserole dish

cover with tin foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes
remove Tin foil and bake 15 minutes more
–you can leave it in a little longer if you like. 
The edges and top getting a nice browned finish really makes it good!




5 comments:

  1. Interesting... I like all those ingredients individually so why not combined into a casserole?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought?
    Ordering the broth from Amazon! I might could have done that with the spiced pumpkin pudding mix I could never find in the stores for Crack Cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually bought the ingredients to make this last year but chickened out...even ordered the G Washington's from Amazon like you did. And I watched Lisa's video where she made it a least a couple times. But the recipe just sounded so weird to me. After seeing this I will get me nerve up and give it a go. After all, I'm always sitting around looking for something "different" to make. Ha!

    Thanks for this post!!! And hey, would love to know what you are making for Valentine's Day. I need ideas, although I think I'm going to do a beef tenderloin for the entree. Was going to do that for Christmas but I was sick and it didn't work out. Oh, and please don't tell me you're going out to eat for V-Day. I would be jealous. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good but I could never eat it because I'm allergic to several of the ingredients. Glad you tried it and liked it though. It's always fun to try a new recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying to wrap my head around pecans, cottage cheese and special K...........hmmmmmm, I don't know about this one!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.