November 19, 2018

BAKED CARROTS AND APPLES...DELICIOUS HOLIDAY SIDE DISH


There are two food items that combine beautifully....
This became a favorite Thanksgiving side dish
that my children simply adored!
If you are looking for an easy, delicious side to take
to your Thanksgiving gathering...you may want to include this one!


BAKED CARROTS AND APPLES
8 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 20- ounce can of pre-sliced apples, drained
1/2 cup sugar
2 T. butter
Paprika

Cook carrots in boiling salted water until tender....approximately 15 minutes.
Drain the water from the carrots.
Combine the carrots and apples and turn into a 9-inch pie plate.
Sprinkle with sugar and dot with butter.
Sprinkle with paprika and bake at
375 degrees. F for 45 to 60 minutes..

2 comments:

  1. I've done apples and butternut squash before but never apples and carrots! It does sound good! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting combination. I would never have thought of it. You know I'm going to have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.