July 26, 2018

SOUTHERN SKILLET CORN PIE....A FABULOUS SIDE

The foundation of Estelle's
is and will always be....
the best of Southern Foods.
My goal was to share the best
recipes I could find
and help others discover the joy of cooking
for the ones you love!
Many of my recipes are tried and true
family favorites that I learned to prepare
from both my grandmothers, my mother and  my mother-in-law.
This is a fabulous side dish that you are going to love!
It is rather simple to prepare and yet,
will be worthy of your holiday gatherings..
you're going to take one bite and say...
"mmmmmmmmm...THIS is SO GOOD!!!"



SKILLET CORN PIE
1 cup milk
2 T. butter
3 T. Cornmeal
1 t. salt
1/2 t. black pepper
1 jar pimentos
1 can cream style corn
2 eggs, beaten

Combine milk, butter, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a skillet.
Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring as needed.
Remove from heat and stir in pimento's and corn.
Add eggs, mixing well.
Bake at 325 degrees F. for 45 minutes.


I served this alongside of our Hello Fresh dinner
of Tex-Mex Tilapia, sauteed green beans and couscous.
It made the darling a happy camper!


A corn casserole or pudding will always be
found on a southern table!
Y'all enjoy!!

11 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 26, 2018

    I've never eaten this but since starting blogging I have heard of it,, it sounds amazing and I think I could eat this three times a day!! Thanks for sharing this,, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you try this Laurie and enjoy it as much as we do...it's a keeper..thank you for visiting today!

      Delete
  2. OMGOSH- That sounds absolutely delicious. There is nothing like good old 'down home' Southern cooking. Thanks for sharing the recipe and I hope you have a great day. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear Diana....I wish you a lovely day also....hope you enjoy the recipe! Hugs!

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy visiting your blog, so welcoming with that "At home" feeling, thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Sue...love hearing from you and I love that you enjoy the posts...warm hugs!

      Delete
    2. Again, this recipe sounds delicious and a perfect side to barbecue! Just to be sure, you bake it uncovered? -Jenn

      Delete
    3. HI Jenn, yes ma'am, bake this uncovered. I sprinkle the top with Paprika. Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. Well you have definitely accomplished your goals for the blog...for you have given this ol' southern cook and trained nutritionist many new ideas and recipes!!! This one will be going onto my menu for this weekend!!
    Hope you're staying cool...I am SO OVER SUMMER. FINITO.. DONE. NO MO. This heat is not fun anymore and making me yearn for fall....
    When is your visit from daughter??????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in the midst of our visit and it's been wonderful! Yes, I have been over summer for some time now....enough!

      Delete
  5. WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! tell her we all say HI!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.