July 4, 2018

SLOW COOKER MONGOLIAN BEEF

I found this marvelous recipe to share with you today!
If y'all are like me, you enjoy using your
slow cooker on hot summer nights.
Summer can be a more relaxed time of year,
and you are spending days at the pool or just
chillin' on the deck, so the slow cooker
is doing your prep work for you.
This dinner has proven to be one of our new
favorites, so I hope y'all will enjoy it as much as we have!
Just a tip...if you cannot find sirloin tip steak,
you can substitute flank steak.


Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
  1 ½ pounds sirloin tip steak
 ¼ cups cornstarch
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
 ½ teaspoons mince Garlic, Cloves
¾ cups Soy Sauce
 ¾ cups Water ¾ cups Brown Sugar
 1 cup fresh Carrots
1 package frozen or fresh snow peas
 Green onions, for garnish


 ~Cut sirloin tip steak into thin strips. Add sirloin steak pieces and cornstarch into a ziplock bag. Shake to coat. ~Add olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar and carrots to slow cooker. Stir ingredients. Add coated flank steak and stir again until coated in the sauce. ~Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours until cooked throughout and tender. 

Drizzle fresh carrots in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast fresh carrots in oven at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. Sauté’ fresh snow peas in olive, oil, salt and pepper over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes.
~Serve over rice and garnish with green onions.

8 comments:

  1. Betsy, This looks and sounds so tasty. I do not like heating up the house when it is so hot. Forget that oven too. LOL. So a slow cooker meal is so welcomed. Thank you. Plus you know how well I like those one pot meals. :):) Blessings and happy 4th. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I know what I WISH I was having for dinner. That looks absolutely fantastic! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy, that looks delicious. Am going to try it in my instant pot next week. Will let you know how it comes out. Glorious 4th of July to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious. I'll be giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We use our crock pot about once a week while it's so hot and I'm going to try this recipe. I can't use sugar but I have everything else! Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, now that looks easy to do and delicious. Putting ingredients on my shopping list.
    Oh, I love that porch in your header. Very welcoming and lush.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing my family will love this ,I love using the crock pot right now it is cooking our dinner its to the top with pasta sauce and meatballs, thank goodness for the crockpot! Thank you for sharing Lisa@ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.