June 27, 2018

SUMMER'S BEST BLT'S



Summer heat began in Texas before June even arrived.
I do not like Summer triple digit heat.....especially when it goes on
day after day......
BUT....I do so love Heirloom Tomatoes that appear
at the Farmers Market!


There is no question that the best lunch in the summertime
is a classic BLT....accompanied by a glass of iced tea!


Allow four slices of bacon per sandwich...
and a great slather of Hellmann's mayo!


I am so thankful for the pool....


I pat myself on the back for planting all the daylily bulbs....
reminds me of Hawaii......


It's HOT in Atlanta too.....



However, the kiddo's in their new California home
are enjoying a beautiful 71 degree summer day!
What are your fun plans for these hot summer days?
Anyone looking forward to Fall or perhaps....
Christmas in July?

4 comments:

  1. Betsy, Your veggies look so pretty. I would love a big BLT for lunch. I may have to make us one soon. We just saw the weather for our area for next ten days...in the nineties. Not good. The only pressing day for us will be the 4th of July, at my daughter Angie's. The whole family meets up for a day of fun and food. I love seeing around your pool. You do have some pretty flowers. Stay cool. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for a fresh tomato with some flavor. You know, I love BLTs, but never knew what was considered the right amount of bacon for a sandwich. I had one yesterday in Freeport that had six pieces and was made with Texas toast. That was an indulgence for sure. I am not wishing my rather temperate summer away, though if I were living in triple digits, I’m sure I might. Crazy about the California crew enjoying such mild summer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 28, 2018

    Bo looks right at home! how I envy his climate there.
    we are having a heat index of 113 here. the humidity is so high it's ridiculous! it should be raining!
    the nights get down to about 80. so there is no respite.
    thank heaven for A/C!
    and oh my. those tomatoes. they are simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've already gotten ulcers in my mouth from eating so many tomatoes....happens every summer!! I absolutely love them and would rather have a fresh 'mater sammich' than anything else on these 100+ degree days. And oh yes....only Hellmans will do!
    IT IS HOT! but I have to admit...last weekend I took the grands to see The Lion King in Dallas and we were dying... I always say it's at least 10 degrees hotter over there because of all the dadgum concrete!!!!!! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.