May 1, 2018

TRANSITIONING INTO SUMMER


Well, loves, we rolled up our sleeves and had a very
productive few days of power washing
and cleaning every nook and cranny outdoors!
I made a vibrant colorful summer wreath for the patio!
Of course, it includes sunflowers which just
remind me of the farm fields across this
beautiful country of ours!


I added a few new pieces from the Pioneer Woman...
Now, Ree, when are you going to stop adding such
lovely pieces to your line?
I have wanted the milk glass cake stand for a long time,
and there was just one left....
You will see this in the fall in one of my vignettes.....


Don't you think a coconut cake would be lovely
on this gorgeous milk glass?


When I saw these new patterns, it instantly reminded
me of walking into Grandmother's kitchen........


This might be my favorite design ever......


I am not usually a "red girl", but oh honey,
this just spoke to me.....


I wish I could go back and spend time
at Grandmothers....how amazing that would be..
again, I thank you Ree Drummond
for making our world a bit lovelier!


We got a good start for summer planting....
I love the first seasonal visit to the nursery
where everyone is preparing to spruce up
their outdoor living areas......


We took turns in power washing the patio 
and the windows....this is a pretty big job
and took most of the afternoon....but
our efforts were so worth it!
You never realize how dirty things can become
after winter and spring storms!


I also picked up a new pool toy just for fun......


And....I love watching her float from end to end...
just happy as a pink flamingo can be!


Over in Atlanta, the Divine Miss M
also made a trip to Home Depot to begin
her summer plantings....


She has a much greener thumb than her Mom......


These are simply gorgeous dahlias....
I am going to be on the lookout for these....
Oh, summer....welcome....we've been waiting for you!!!

14 comments:

  1. And how lovely it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vee...wish your son a happy birthday from Texas...such a great surprise to see you back to posting some updates....warm hugs!

      Delete
  2. We have been doing much the same! Red mulch over brown dirt is my favorite transformation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rather fun to spruce up for summer don't you think Linda? And then it's on to our favorite season of all...enjoy your week love!

      Delete
  3. I love getting the house ready for Spring/Summer. You are so right, you do not realize how dirty your windows and house is from the driving winter rain and pollen.

    Love your new pool toy! I bet she looks beautiful floating in the pool all afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth...I loved having you visit today...it's funny how calming it is to see the pink flamingo floating around...I just love her! Hope you are looking forward to a really fun summer!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely post. I think most of us have gardening and outdoor project on our lists of "to do's" right now. It feels so good to be outside in the sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too Connie...it's the best time of the season to be outdoors and enjoying some sunshine..your garden is going to be amazing this year!

      Delete
  5. Your pool is delightful! I am getting potting soil and some deck plants in the next few days. I love making our outdoor spaces beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do so enjoy our pool Deanna...a must have in Texas! I look forward to seeing your deck all dressed for summer!

      Delete
  6. Betsy, I love that new cake plate, the towels and dishes. It will be fun to have the bright pink flamingo in the pool. Work goes so much faster with two people . Many hands make light work. :):) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie...hope you are enjoying some gardening and planting right bow....have a beautiful week love!

      Delete
  7. Oooooo I haven’t seen that white milk glass cake stand...have seen the green one but just doesn’t go with my kitchen. But the white one??? I’m all over that! I love having enticing desserts on my island when grandbabies walk in the door (the kind their mamas won’t let them have at their houses...heheheh, the glory of being a YaYa!). This will be perfect for them to be able to gaze with those bright lil eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck finding this Janey....it is a beauty! I am sure you will be able to bake up all kinds of treats for the grandbabies!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.