February 6, 2018

APRICOT CRESCENTS

I saw the sunrise this morning.


Do you ever have things swirl about in your mind
and all of a sudden, you simply cannot toss and turn
a minute longer?
So, my day began at 3:30 AM!
What to do.......I decided to make BJ'S 
apricot crescents......


I made mine a little differently by adding
lemon juice and cornstarch to the stewed apricots.
Just chop the dried apricots, cover with water and sugar
to taste and simmer until softened.
Mix 1 T. cornstarch with 1 T. water to form a thickening agent
and blend into the soft apricots.
Sprinkle with lemon juice and add vanilla.


Spoon mixture onto each crescent roll and roll into the desired shape.
Brush with melted butter and cinnamon
and bake at 350 degrees for about about 20 minutes.


Smells heavenly and tastes divine!


Breakfast for one....
5:00 AM.....

7 comments:

  1. When I saw her post I wanted to try them, too. They look so good.
    How lovely to watch the sunrise:)
    Have a glorious day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, I hope you make these sometime...a rather easy and delicious treat! Have a lovely day and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Betsy, You made me smile. I have gotten up in the night and sat in the dark to think before. Crazy, I know. One of these days I am going to have make some of those apricot treats. Just sounds so good. You and BJ are always coming up with wonderful foods. Oh and so is Linda Chapman. Everyone in Texas must be really good cooks. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nuts isn't it Susie...so many things to think about sometimes! Why not bake? BJ and Linda both always inspire me to make something yummy..BJ makes everything so colorful and vibrant!

      Delete
  3. oh lordy. those look delicious darling bean!
    and the puppy stealing a muffin 'caught with the evidence!' LOLOL!!!
    it's all wonderful.
    I often wake that early. but I never think of baking such goodies! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I wish I had the energy to make these right now....sigh...but alas, I do not!
    This weekend for sure. I LOVE apricots!! Yours look dee-lish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my! You really started your day early and then turned it into a celebration! That’s so YOU! I hope the things you have on your mind and heart aren’t serious. Sometimes it does us good to have some extra time to think, ponder and mull over things. I prefer those special times to be in the afternoon or late mornings instead of in the middle of the night! Perhaps you need a glass of wine before bed tonight!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.