January 16, 2018

ORGANIZING FEELS GREAT


I love collecting recipes.....it's a passion that I have had for years!
Every year, around the beginning of fall, I search and search
for some of my favorites through a huge stack of papers that I have saved
and tucked away..sometimes coming across two or three of the same recipe!
So this year, I wanted to start off right with getting all of these papers
saved in an organized fashion!


I found some colorful organizers and file folders that would 
prove to be perfect for my craft desk!


Mae is always willing to keep me company
when we are working on a little afternoon project!
Dividing all recipes into categories.....
Appetizers, Beverages, Soups, Salads, Main Course,
Pasta, Vegetables/Sides, Cakes, Cookies and Pies.


This is going to be so much more enjoyable
when I need a particular recipe!


And....all the best seasonal magazines I have saved will
be kept in these files.


I feel a weight has lifted.....organization is a marvelous thing!

10 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! Where do you keep these? That would be my problem! I don’t have any available flat surfaces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep these on my antique desk upstairs which is my writing desk Linda. I so love being able to find a recipe I have saved in an organized space....don't know why it took me so long to do this! Have a lovely week! I have been loving your ranch photos!

      Delete
  2. If you are still inspired to do more organizing, please come over to my house . . . I'll put the kettle on and make sandwiches:) I know what you mean by feeling like a weight has been lifted; it is so nice when you can find whatever you are looking for in a flash . . .why, because you took the time to organize. Great Job! If you haven't visited by blog in a while, come over, I'm having a Give-A-Way :)
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to visit Connie...hope you are having a good start to the new year!

      Delete
  3. Very nice solution. I have a similar problem except that I have kept them in a three-ring notebook. It is not an attractive look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several recipe binders that are marvelous for organizing also Vee....it's rather a fun enjoyable project! Good for those winter days! Hugs from me to you!

      Delete
  4. Betsy, I know what you are saying. It is up lifting to be organized. I love the cute file holders. Plus the recipe files look so pretty now, I know this will be easier to find your recipes now. Cute little helper , sweet Mae. Blessings to you, stay warm. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I love the patterned folders. Think I told you that I made a family recipe book for my daughter in laws for Christmas...took me 5-7 yrs to get it all in order. So funny, in fact, the pic that I had put on front of binder was taken before we even had grandkids!!!! So, I had to include a recent pic on back cover with them in it. The girls loved it but I have to tell you, my boys loved it everso. I was amazed at the time they took to peruse the pages and remember certain meals and dishes. I should take a picture of it to send you. What's funny? I was finally trying to make MY copy of it on this snow day when I thought...hmmm, wonder what ms betsy has been up to? Opened your blog and found this post about you organizing your recipes!!!!! We really MUST meet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. I put mine in binders, not nearly as cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and I are the same about collecting recipes AND enjoying organizing!! LOL I just finished organizing my huge amount of recipes printed off the computer, into 3-ring binders and labeling each binder. What a big job, but it feels so good to have them easy to find and actually use. Your idea with the folder system will work wonderfully too!! It really does make a person happy!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.