November 26, 2017

A MARVELOUS THANKSGIVING


Hello Loves....
I have loved reading and seeing what Thanksgiving 
was like in your homes!
Everyone appeared to be having a wonderful time together.
I had not planned to post again until December, but
our celebration was much too wonderful not to share...
Come with us on the few days of our "gathering!"
The darling and I both enjoyed our shopping
excursions leading up to the big day, which
in our case was held on Saturday!


The sights and smells of the holidays are simply magical.


The crystal was sparkling and the silver was polished....
everyone loved the blue added for this year.....
It is always worth the effort when your family
compliments your tablescape!


Rob arrived late Friday evening from Austin...
the holidays are his busiest of the year.....
I know he was looking forward to a few days of relaxation
and eating some home cooking!


The darling and I have hosted soooo many Thanksgivings....
it's always a blessed day......


The pies were baked and the appetizers
were ready when everyone arrived.
Our daughter-in-law, Jenn
arranged the Charcuterie Tray...bravo!



My favorite was the fruited Brioche from Eatzi's....marvelous!


I love the conversations and catching up with the grands.....


Something for everyone while the turkeys
are smoking and frying!


The grandchildren always love, love the hot apple cider!


It was a glorious warm day here in Texas...
we walked over to the greenbelt for photos..
It amazes me to see how they grow from year to year.....


This was Jenn's idea and it did turn into my favorite photo
with these little darlin's!


Aren't they just too adorable????


Some lovely sunshine and the aroma of smoked turkey.....


The boys were able to catch up with each other's lives.....


Perfection.....


These times are my favorite....
casual conversation and lots of laughter.....
Our darling Noah....
sweet as pie......


Nick......our sweet and funny son "2"


Miss Abbie telling us about her trip to visit her boyfriend
in college over in Iowa....


The timing worked out perfectly and the buffet was hot and ready......




By this time, everyone was hungry and ready to taste
all the delicious foods.....


I tell you, when our boys get together....
there is ALOT of laughter.


They clearly enjoy the teasing......



Mae was clearly wondering when everyone was going home!!!



The feast was wonderful.....the best...
except we are always missing Miss M and her family....
HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2017

16 comments:

  1. Be still, my heart! This is such a Hallmark Perfect Post! Makes my heart swell up inside to see such a family gathering. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I love the photos on Facebook but you are right - this day deserved a rich full post of its very own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Linda....I know we both share a love for our family...blessed are we....I want to thank you so much for always sharing your lovely family and all the blessings in your life..by the way, your recent photos is just gorgeous of you!

      Delete
  2. Betsy, You have a family of beautiful people. All so good looking. :) I know you missed your daughter's family. I liked the idea of taking the photos in the leaves. So many good foods for all to share. Thank you for sharing your good day with us. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susie..how kind of you....I know you must have enjoyed family and sweet grandbabies for your Thanksgiving...hugs from Texas!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your beautiful Thanksgiving gathering. You just have the perfect touch when it comes to entertaining. Who is the dad of those gorgeous grandchildren? #2? I think the buffet idea is perfect - better than passing serving bowls around a huge table. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn....thank you for such a sweet comment. Son #2 is the father of our grandchildren....they are as sweet inside as they are pretty outside. Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  4. Delightful to peek in on the fun! Did the guys notice the blue or the gals? After all these Thanksgivings, I’d say that you and your Beloved have it down pat. 🦃 Wonderful photo of the tossing of the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vee.....thank you for the kind comments...hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  5. Hi Betsy, All your sons are handsome, and I tell you, that Rob looks just like you! :) I can tell you had a wonderful day with your loving, lovely family, and isn't that just the best? I'm so thankful for another year with all our parents here, as well as our siblings and our children. We are so blessed.

    Thanks so much for your visit and sweet comments; I hope you have a great day my friend!!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise....thank you! I was so happy to see photos of your Thanksgiving...it was all so beautiful! Have a lovely week precious
      1

      Delete
  6. It looks like a fabulous Thanksgiving. Great looking family, Betsy. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katie....wishing you happy holiday decorating! I think I will have to wait a bit..at least until the calender turns to December!

      Delete
  7. Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! Thank you and I hope your Thanksgiving created wonderful memories!

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful day! Your grands are darling! That leaf photo is great! I know you enjoyed your family being together, and the food on such a special holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have just pulled a chair up to that appetizer/dessert table and been happy to sit right there in front of the cheese tray!!!!
    Lovely foods! Lovely settings! But most of all, Lovely Family and Lovely Laughter!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.