September 30, 2017

FAVORITE FALL BOOKS FOR CHILDREN



Yes, I probably had the most fun of all creating a fall reading corner...
mainly for our Luke the Duke....
but I adore children's books and add seasonal books to our library
so that when he does visit, there are beautiful books to discover.
These days children are so attached to I-pads and electronics
they might lose their love for reading...please don't let that happen!
Reading to children and having them read to you is a major
part of their development.
Here are beautiful books for the season that we collected this year!


How fun to create a space for children to relax and choose a good book!


The books are just beautiful and are all about the season!


Perhaps they would enjoy some quiet time after school........


Offer them gentle thoughts.....the beauty of fall....and 
thoughts of family.


Hello fall.....offer them a cup of spiced tea
along with a Pumpkin Muffin.....


I love this book.....
the importance of faith and feeling grateful


The Paddington series are beautiful reads......


This is a darling read leading into November 
and
Thanksgiving with the entire family....
Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins......


My children absolutely loved 
THE LITTLE OLD LADY WHO WAS NOT AFRAID OF ANYTHING


Little black cat was in honor of Mae Mobley....
be creative and have fun with your own reading corner....
even Bo loved it......

always encourage your children to be imaginative and
keep the love of reading alive and well!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post, Betsy! This is a subject near and dear to my heart. I have always loved to read, and I worked at a bookstore for four years when I was in my early 20's. It was a great experience. I, too, love children's books and children's Christmas books, too. I was worried when Will was younger because I feared all the electronics had spoiled him forever for reading. We did the right things by starting to read to him when he was a baby and toddler. We even read the Harry Potter series when he was reading them. But, now he's 27, and he's discovered a love of reading again -- makes me very happy.

    Your reading corner is a lovely idea, and thank you so much for sharing this. Bo looks so cute! :D Have a great week!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you shared this Denise. I had the most fun creating this little reading corner and adding beautiful books for young ones for fall. I think I may just add some for Christmas too. I love hearing your stories of Will and how he has continued his love for reading......you are a proud Mom! LOVE TO YOU!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.