January 11, 2017

BEST BUTTERMILK CORNBREAD


I knew this would get your attention!
Hey y'all is right!
Have you been searching for the perfect
recipe for a really great southern cornbread?
Then, look no further......


Winter days are the perfect time to
have big stew pots full of soups and veggies
simmering away on the stovetop.
One of my Daddy's favorite dinners
was Butter Beans with Ham!
And you know, you are going to need a 
good cornbread to accompany such a fine meal!


Y'all be sure to write this one down!
This is a very moist cornbread and so easy to prepare!
So, so good!!!!


BEST BUTTERMILK CORNBREAD
2 cups of yellow SELF-RISING cornmeal
2 cups of BUTTERMILK
1 EGG
1 T. SUGAR
1/3 cup of BUTTER

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Melt the butter in the baking dish.
While butter is melting, prepare your batter
by mixing cornmeal, buttermilk, egg, and sugar together.
Pour batter on top of melted butter.
Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy,

    This is the same buttermilk recipe that I've used since we first got married! It really is a great, basic cornbread recipe, isn't it? The only thing I do differently is I bake mine in a small, cast-iron skillet, and I halve the recipe (most of the time it's only the two of us, occasionally three). This is definitely a moist cornbread, and my husband and son love it. Thanks for sharing, Betsy! Have a great week!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better yet, get a nice cast iron skillet hot in that 450 degree oven and then put the butter and cornbread mix into it. Makes that oh, so good crust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- that sounds so good. Here everyone loves cornbread with chili. I am saving this recipe for the next time I make chili. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.