September 23, 2016

AUTUMN....WHAT YOU DO WITH IT IS UP TO YOU....


“Two sounds of autumn are unmistakable...
the hurrying rustle of crisp leaves blown along the street...
by a gusty wind, and 
the gabble of a flock of migrating geese.” 

~Hal Bourland




“There is something incredibly 
nostalgic and significant about the 
annual cascade of autumn leaves.” 

~ Joe Wheeler



“October, baptize me with leaves! 
Swaddle me in corduroy and nurse me with split pea soup. 
October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and 
carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins. 
O autumn! O teakettle! O grace!” 
~Rainbow Rowell


“Autumn is the hardest season. 
The leaves are all falling, and they're falling like
they're falling in love with the ground."

~Andrea Gibson



That old September feeling, 
left over from school days, of summer passing, 
vacation nearly done, obligations gathering,
 books and football in the air ... 
Another fall, another turned page: 
there was something of jubilee 
in that annual autumnal beginning, 
as if last year's mistakes had been wiped clean by summer.” 
~Wallace Stegner, Angle of Repose


“Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. 
The morning of the first September 
was crisp and golden as an apple.”
~J.K Rowling, Harry Porter and the Deathly Hallows


“It looked like the world 
was covered in a cobbler crust of 
brown sugar and cinnamon.” 

~Sara Addison Allen-First Frost



“Days decrease, 
And autumn grows, 
autumn in everything.” 
~Robert Browning


“That country where it is always 
turning late in the year. 
That country where the hills are fog and 
the rivers are mist; 
where noons go quickly, dusks and twilights linger, and midnights stay. 
That country composed in the main of cellars, 
sub-cellars, coal-bins, closets, attics, 
and pantriefaced away from the sun. 
That country whose people are autumn people, 
thinking only autumn thoughts. 
Whose people passing at night 
on the empty walks sound like rain.” 
~Ray Bradbury


18 comments:

  1. Betsy... this post is a feast for the eyes! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thrilled you enjoyed this Katie! Must be beautiful up there right now. My son has been in Boston all week just having a ball! He said the weather has been incredible! Lucky you! Have a great weekend love!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post, Betsy! We're all about autumn here at this house; I'm even a September baby. ;) Bring on the fall days!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Denise! I just know you must be getting your home ready for fall! We are even expecting cooler weather this weekend! WooHoo! Have a lovely, sweet autumn weekend! Hugs!!!

      Delete
  3. I wish I had a piece of that pie right now! :) Your photos are stunning! I love fall and I'm looking forward to next week's forecast for cooler temps.

    Have a blessed weekend!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat! Are you enjoying a wonderful fall so far? I know, I know...it's not fall "weather" here in Texas, but it will be soon! I certainly appreciate your visit today and so happy you enjoyed this post! Big hugs!

      Delete
  4. Love the photo with Mae.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by today Deb! Mae says Hi!

      Delete
  5. Hi Betsy! What a lovely post - the snaps and quotes! Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Shelia! I have been following your adventures and boy have you enjoyed a marvelous vacation! Loved seeing and hearing of your travels! Hugs!!

      Delete
  6. Our weather is cooling down and I am so ready for it! I have decor in the house but once it really cools down I like to go get real pumpkins!

    Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too Deanna! Our pumpkins are out here, but it's a tad too early to buy them yet! Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  7. Hi Ms. Estelle, is that Turkey and Dressing in the Crockpot your recipe? I'd like to have it, since this year I work on Thanksgiving, and it would be nice to surprise my co-workers with a lg. pot of this. Let me know/ thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dee! Yes, this is my slow cooker recipe! Here is the link for you...Turkey and Dressing.
      Anytime you are interested you can searach for a recipe according to the Labels found on my sidebar. It's a delicious recipe! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
    2. http://themainehouse.blogspot.com/2016/03/slow-cooker-turkey-and-dressing.html

      Delete
  8. Those pictures are just beautiful, as are the colour schemes. It is only now just starting to feel like fall here. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall is slow to appear this year Jenn! But we sure have to celebrate our September days...they are almost over! Have a terrific weekend!

      Delete
  9. Your photos of Autumn are lovely, Betsy. The wreath on your front door is so welcoming. We are having cooler weather and it's certainly putting me in the mood to celebrate fall. Have a great day, dear one. ♥ P.S I'm going to check out that turkey and dressing in the crock pot recipe. It sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.