April 17, 2016

WEEKEND OF FUN IN AUSTIN, ATLANTA AND DALLAS


Hey everyone!
How has the weekend been?
We had a marvelous few days outdoors 
enjoying perfect weather and sunshine
before the rain moved in today.
It allowed us time for yard work, gardening
and sprucing up outside!


The cloudy skies made way in the morning
and a beautiful spring day was ours for the taking!


Now, we all know that Miss Mae is NOT
very hospitable to a certain house guest!
"You better back it up mister!!!"


"Did you not understand me the first time?"
Oh lawd......


We had some of Greg's delicious
birthday chili left over, which 
made for another round of Frito Pie's at lunch!


Mmmmm, an easy breezy lunch by the pool
is just about perfect on a Saturday afternoon!


Dinner was fresh grilled seafood and veggies!


Fresh grilled corn on the cob is always a must-have
for Mr. Wonderful!


My beautiful cardinal is THE loudest
chirper in the bunch!
I think he is absolutely stunning!


Singing for his supper on the arbor.....


King Crab Legs, Lobster tails, fresh marinated salmon,
Shrimp and corn.....


Oh yes.....
berries for dessert


which made a scrumptious
Berry Cheesecake Ice Box Pie!


Napping Bo......


Down in Austin,
the party was just beginning.


I do believe our youngest child
has a rather delightful job....
this is one of his clients!



Save me a place.....
I want to sit right here on our next visit!



Meanwhile,...
over in Atlanta.....
someone had a panic attack......

18 comments:

  1. Uh oh! I think one little fuzzy face got into a lot of trouble! Your past few days looks like they were so wonderful. Your little Cardinal is so pretty and he looks like he is a big one too. I love Frito Pie! The grill looks so good with all of those yummies on it! Thanks for popping in to see me and sharing my joy about our little Carter.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your little Carter is one cutie patootie Shelia! How marevlous prayers are heard and she is being restored to good health! Have a great week love!

      Delete
  2. Now I see, what Frito Pies are! Didn't understand before. :-)

    Of course Miss Mae is territorial! Of course she is! :-)

    And oh my! Whatever caused the precious black lab puppy, to go.... "bananas"??? ,-)

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now please don't tell me you have never had a frito pie Tessa? I so hope you enjoy one at some point in time! Perhaps in Fall when you are sitting by the fire pit! Have a great week dear one!

      Delete
  3. Your pet is mad that he didn't get to party too. Oh I laughed at Miss Mae giving the dog the dickens. She likes her looking out spot...so do I. :):) I am loving our weather.....spring is here . I have open a window for today. The air smells so good. I love airing out our home that been shut up all winter. Blessings for a great new week. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae does not like many people Susie and she especially disliked dogs.....such an uppity girl she is! Thank you for taking time out to visit today. Big hugs!

      Delete
  4. I always enjoy seeing your lovely weekends, Betsy! Your seafood on the grill is wonderful. I hope the little pooch in Atlanta is not in too much trouble...so funny. I think every new puppy pulls this stunt! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Martha Ellen....our Golden Retriever did quite a bit of mischief when he was young! Hope you had a great weekend! I always enjoy your visit...hugs!

      Delete
  5. Looks like a perfect day! Concerning the final picture... I hope that wasn't something important. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just her bed Jenn....she is a darling pup however! We all adore her! Thank you so much for visiting today!

      Delete
  6. Oh no, poor baby! Glad that it happened in the laundry room where things can be put right more easily. Other than that, what a great afternoon! We have heard about horrid weather in Texas, but none of my Texas bogging buddies have said much about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just normal spring weather here in the great state of Texas Vee! Just wait a minute...the weather changes on a dime here! Have a beautiful week love!

      Delete
  7. Hi Betsy,

    What a fun weekend you must have had! Miss Mae is so funny. :-D Your yard and pool area look beautiful, and the seafood on the grill and strawberry cake look wonderful!! Apparently, our Duncan is not the only rascal who insists on tearing up his beds.

    I enjoyed your post!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, pups do alot of chewing their first year..this is her 3rd bed to destroy! Gotta love em' though! Hey, have a beautiful week Denise!

      Delete
  8. I'm going to be in Austin in a couple of weeks. That waterfront restaurant is where my #1 and I met her first roomie in college with her Mom. The roomie ended up being the most hated bachelorette on the bachelor this year. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so happy you shared that Katie! Are you certain you don't want to move back to Texas? You have such great memories! Hope y'all have a great week up there in the Nawtheast! Hugs!

      Delete
  9. Wonderful summery photos! It looks beautiful down there. I had to laugh at the cat hissing at the dog. And the dog that ate the dog bed. Oh my. Too funny. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! That last photo!

    Looks like a great weekend, though!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.