July 18, 2015

FIG PRESERVES CAKE WITH WARM CINNAMON GLAZE


Here we are y'all...
finding ourselves in the middle of July, 2015!
Now you know what that means?
Is it too early to think holiday baking?

Please check out my Christmas In July post and......
This may just put you in the mood for holiday recipes...
I know, I know...a tad bit early
but I like to have some recipes in mind when
the fall and autumn months appear!
This Fig Cake is a winner!
I wish you could smell my kitchen right now...
warm cinnamon and spice...
the darling's favorite! 


Fig Preserves Cake
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
3 extra- large eggs
2 cups flour
1 t. salt
1 t. nutmeg
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. baking soda
1 jar (10- ounces) good fig preserves
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a bundt pan with cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl combine oil and sugar, beat at medium speed until well blended.
Add the 3 eggs to the oil and sugar mixture and beat for about 2 minutes.

In a separate large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking soda.

Slowly add to the wet ingredients in the mixing bowl with mixer on low speed. After all the dry ingredients are mixed in, fold in the fig preserves, and pecans.

Pour into the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 30 minutes and then invert on a serving platter.


Cinnamon Vanilla Glaze
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 to 1 cup of powdered sugar


Heat evaporated milk over low heat, add the cinnamon and vanilla. 
Blend well and remove from heat.
Add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, blending well. 
Add more powdered sugar until you have the desired consistency.

Drizzle over warm cake.


Christmas in July....
Whoop!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds marvelous!!! And I was thinking that you make it ahead, like a long-rum-soaked Fruit Cake. And have it at Christmas time!!! -gigggles-

    You make it NOW, so as to have a bit of Christmas in July!!!

    Oh my husband would love this. He loves figs. :-)

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO good to hear from you Tessa! I certainly have missed you! Perhaps this will be a lovely holiday dessert for your husband! Pleae enjoy and thank you for stopping by today!

      Delete
  2. I'm enjoying your Christmas in July posts.....I would enjoy them more with a slice of that cake! heehee! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS You cat is just beautiful! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a sweetheart Diane! So happy you visited and enjoyed the posts....Miss Mae thanks you immensely! Enjoy your weekend love!

      Delete
  4. Oh it does sound delicious. I am pretending that there is no such thing as Christmas. I really should be planning ahead. I baked today...to dry some of this humid air. It worked for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 18, 2015

    Oh, another wonderful looking delectable! You are the most wonderful cook. How do you keep so slim? :) I gain weight just looking! :) Hope you're having a nice weekend.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.