June 28, 2015

JALAPENO HONEY CORNBREAD MUFFINS....PERFECT WITH SMOKED BRISKET!

What's for dinner y'all?
There's a brisket in the oven that smells heavenly!


What goes better with a Texas Beef Brisket than cornbread.....
dressed up southern style with Jalapenos and Honey....

.
These cornbread muffins are AMAZING!!!
I just received a request to bake these again
for our July 4th celebration!
One bite and HE said...
"hot_____!"
That's mantalk for goooooooood!


Guess I better double the batch next time.....


JALAPENO HONEY CORNBREAD MUFFINS
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 T. baking powder
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 t. salt
1 cup Buttermilk
2 large eggs
4 T. butter, melted
2 T. honey
2 large jalapenos, seeded and diced or may substitute ¼ cup jarred jalapeno’s


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Prepare a muffin tin with cooking spray.

Into a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, butter, and honey. Stir in jalapenos.
Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.

Evenly divide the cornbread mixture into muffin tin. 
Bake for 15 minutes, until edges are crispy and golden brown.

While still warm, slather with butter and drizzle with honey!!!


Mmmmmm, Mmmmmmm....Good!!!

6 comments:

  1. I love a little kick! I just added some jalapeno to my strawberry jam; great with cream cheese. I'm making these muffins with the next pot of chili I do, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect with chili Susan and what a great idea to add jalapenos to jam! Perfection! Have a great week ahead!

      Delete
  2. This would be one of my most favorite meals! Oh my....I could eat a pan of those muffins. I lived in Texas for many years and love spicy food. I added your blog to my blog favs on my sidebar to keep up with your posts. I so loved the previous post! Happy summer! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Diane! You have one of my favorite names of all time. I love making new blogging friends and will certainly pay Lavender Dreamer a visit too! Hugs! Hope you love the cornbread muffins!

      Delete
  3. can you please share your Brisket recipe with us, I sure need a good one, and yours looks delish! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Delores! Yes, I posted my brisket recipe some time ago....you can find my recipe here and you are going to just love it! Enjoy and thank you for visiting today!
    http://themainehouse.blogspot.com/2012/05/texas-brisketthe-one-and-only-rub-you.html

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.