March 17, 2015

BLACKBERRY MUFFINS.....FABULOUS AND EASY TO MAKE


Estelle's believes that the dinner table
is 
The Heart of the Home! 



OK....please don't pass this up...these may be the BEST muffins I ever baked!
 I had a little carton of fresh blackberries in the fridge and
decided to bake muffins since it was a gray and rainy day. 
Don't you just love to bake something luscious when it's that kind of day?
 Oh honey, baby.....divine I tell you!

There used to be this fabulous restaurant in Fort Worth known as
Celebrations! They had the most beautiful basket just full of
homebaked muffins of different varieties.
A good southern tea room will also have warm, flavorful muffins on the table
so you can have a little bite of deliciousness as you sip your sweet tea. 


I cut the recipe in half since I only had one cup of blackberries. 
This made six beautifully sized muffins. If I owned my own bakery,
 these would be one of my specialities! 


I am going to put this on the hit parade for holiday mornings too! 
Oh yes, Easter....beautiful for an Easter brunch! 


FRESH BLACKBERRY MUFFINS
1/2 cup butter, softened
1-1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup whole milk
2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries


In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar. 
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. 
Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; 
gradually stir into creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. 
Fold in blackberries.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. 
Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. 
Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.


Thank y'all for stopping by
Estelle's today!
Hope you enjoy! 

6 comments:

  1. "I'll seek a four-leaved shamrock in all thy fairy dells,
    And if I find the charmed leaves, oh, how I'll weave my spells!"

    ~Samuel Lover

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't these look wonderful! We had so many beautiful Marion berries in Washington when we lived there, I hope the ones here are just as good because these muffins are calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blackberries! My favorite! Your muffins look delicious! That's a mighty pretty baking pan too! Now if I just lived close by, you'd have a visitor! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! going into my menu for Easter Sunday!! and where o where o did you find that precious muffin dish?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi jmac! These are incredibly good with those fresh blackberries! I so hope you enjoy them. My muffin pan is from Temptations and it's actually for fall, but it always produces lovely baked muffins. Thank you for stopping by today!

      Delete
  5. And speaking of cozy mysteries that make me want to bake...there are also cozy blogs that make me want to bake!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.