April 23, 2014

CAJUN CRAB CAKES


 Spring has arrived and the weather has been beautiful! The azaleas are in bloom!
Azaleas will always remind me of my Mississippi home!
My parents grew the most beautiful Azaleas for over fifty years.


Our Knock-Out roses are beginning to bloom.



This year, I plan to add a few pink roses to this grouping.
Hmmm....Mother's Day is right around the corner isn't it?
 

Mae! Always ready to be featured among the flowers!
Prettiest girl in the world!


I'll let you in on a little secret on my recipe for crab cakes. If you find yourself out of crab, you can substitute tuna. I often do that.....substitute two packages or cans of tuna for the crabmeat! Delicious!!! Serve with Mississippi lemon coleslaw, fresh corn on the cob and a good remoulade!
 
 
CAJUN CRAB CAKES
1 pound crab meat
2 heaping T.  Mayonnaise
1/2 T. mustard
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ T. Cajun seasoning
1 t. garlic powder
1 T. minced red bell pepper
2 T. minced onion
1 cup Ritz crackers, crumbled
Panko Bread Crumbs

 
Combine all ingredients except the crackers. Add crackers crumbs in as close to sautéing as possible so that they crab cakes don’t get too moist from the other ingredients. Form into patties the size of hamburger patties. Dredge each patty in panko bread crumbs. Chill briefly.

Brown in frying pan over low heat in butter or olive oil for 5 minutes per side. Make sure that it’s crispy outside but moist and juicy inside. Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees F.

 

 

5 comments:

  1. I love crab cakes. This recipe sounds delicious. The flowers are gorgeous. Not quite to that stage here in Illinois but the trees are leafing out and the forsythia is blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blogging because I learn something new every day! I would never have thought to substitute tuna for crab meat. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I'll be trying this soon. The azaleas are beautiful and so too is Miss Mae!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed some of your recent posts so am playing catch up today. Your Easter posts were all wonderful with lovely Easter tables, flowers and food. It was nice to see the beautiful outdoors at your daughter's house too. The plate of food above really looks delicious. I've never made crab cakes or fish cakes before. Enjoy the day! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love crab cakes and these look and sound wonderful! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your meal sounds sublime.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.